What's new

NBA Fans Rejoice (1 Viewer)

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
All they need to do to fix the online issues is make you request a time out with the other team. And put a time limit on it. If you do that there wouldn't be a pausing problem. Also the root of the evil here is the stat tracking. Allow people to play exhibition games where stats aren't tracked and you'd get a lot more full games played.

pablo

Auditioning
I'm having trouble accessing progressive mode on the ps2.

The manual mentions that the composite video cable must be connected. Is that a typo? Or can I not use the progressive mode with component video?

pablo

Damien

Supporting Actor
i've been playing live now for a while, and overall i recommend it.
graphics are crisp and unjaggied. nice animations, besides stealling.
it has a nice fast break, something that really turned me off to 2k3 immeaditely.
freestyle is complex, i usually do random moves so far..
also the 5.1 surround is very authentic, especially with the volume dial turned up....real defense chants, stadium music, t-h-r-e-e when the home team puts up a three....also nice organ tunes. i think the puff daddy clone blows(intro) though, i heard good stuff about fabulous or whatever it is. just played my first franchise, lost by a damn point 102-103. i think playing with 7 min. qtrs. on starter, with arcade mode is good for me now. what is a good SIM length to go with that??
things i don't like
-blocks are stupid and too frequent
steals a little high
"paint" game way too strong. can be remedies by changing tempo and playing good d.

i also am considering turning EVERYONE's speed down if i ever get time.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I'm not sure why everyone seems to think you can't fast break on 2k3. Its quite easy using icon passing. The only problem with this game online is that people tend to play with the one man teams. They use the bucks or the raptors and then score 90% of their points with Ray Allen or Vince Carter. After playing a few of these guys I quit playing online. I'll start again after I find a good PR or a league that I know the people will play real basketball.

Damien

Supporting Actor
there is a rumor, *rumor*, EA switched up arcade and simulation modes....i haven't tried sim in a while, but i will try and see

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks