What's new

NBA Dynasty Series, The Boston Celtics, and Larry Bird a Basketball Legend. (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I did a search and nothing turned up.

The NBA continues to put out some fantastic DVDs with the help of Warner.

For those of you that complained when the NBA released the Lakers and Bulls dynasty series DVDs last summer, because you wanted them to release some for the Celtics you have your wish.

Larry Bird, a Basketball Legend

The Features include
2 documentaries about the glory years entitled:
"Celtics Dynasty" and
"A Tradition of Greatness."
A half-hour recap of the '74 title season narrated by Johnny Most.
An extended documentary about the 1976 Triple-OT game against Phoenix, plus a shorter documentary about the Celtics-Lakers rivalry.

Season recaps for: 1981, 1984, 1986 and 1987

The games include…
The fourth quarter of Game 7 of the 1969 Lakers series, including post-game
the 1976 Triple-Overtime game against Phoenix
Game 7 of the 1981 Eastern Conference finals against Philladelphia
Game 4 of the 1984 NBA Finals
Game 7 of the 1984 NBA Finals
Game 4 of the 1986 NBA Finals
Game 5 of the 1987 series against Detroit

Both of these came out November 2, and flew under the radar for me. I will pick them both up as I am a big NBA fan, and have heard good things about that playoff game against the Hawks on the Bird DVD.

I’ve got to say that the NBA DVDs are just awesome, I wish the NFL would do better, I love my Oakland Raiders: the Complete History DVD but it would be 100 times better if it were like these dynasty sets.

The NBA could still do a lot more potentially great DVDs, but IMO these are worth owning for anyone that is an NBA fan. The games for me are the best part and I can't wait to own these as I have said.

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
Although I love the team, and Bird, and the DVD set looked awesome, it was $64 at BB!! I might wait and hope I get it as a gift??

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Amazon.com had a deal where if you bought both the Bird DVD and the Celtics DVD together it would cost you something like $63. Which is not bad when you consider that's for both the Dynasty series and the Bird DVD together which comes in at less than some places want for the Dynasty DVD by itself including NBA.com

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Saw the Celtics Dynasty set at BB over the weekend, had no idea that they were putting out a Bird set as well. I'd buy it alone for that Portland double-OT game - I'm too young to remember any of the Celts' titles, but that game gave a 13-year old a brief glimpse of greatness...

Dave Farley

Second Unit
These flew under the radar for me as well. I'll be sure to pick these up. I remember those games pretty well. I think that Hawks game was the one where Dominique talked about the look in Bird's eye and he said that he knew that Bird wasn't going to let the Hawks win no matter what he did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks