What's new

National Treasure: Book of Secrets (sequel) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed the first one...And I am looking forward to the sequel. Nice additions to the cast..except Harvey Keitel was in the original.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I did enjoy the first one, but am surprised that a sequel was greenlit. I didn't think the first one made too much money, and I only saw it because it was in the 2/$15 sale at Best Buy.

Well, far be it from me to complain about getting to see more of Diane Kruger! :D

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

It made $173m with a budget of $35m, so it shouldn't be that surprising.

Most DVDs of blockbusters get heavily discounted eventually, so it shouldn't be a judge if a movie was a financial success.

Personally, I thought the movie was pretty darn silly.

Jason

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
The budget for this movie was NOT $35 million.

Are you high? They did a lot of action sequences, not to mention that they had to pay the cast.

It was $100 million, and they made $173.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Off course it was a bit silly. But, how cool would it be if their really was such a treasure? Am I am not talking about the gold and other valuables. I am talking about the lost works of literature. Think about how much stuff was destroyed when the Library at Alexandria was destroyed.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

They also made $174 million overseas, so after paying theaters their due this movie was quite profitable.

However, I saw it. I remember thinking it was a fun time, but I really couldn't tell you much of what happened it was that effervescent.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
National Treasure also had really good legs. I thought it was only amusing but it did really seem to connect with a lot of audiences.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Whoops. You are right. I read the wrong number. It did cost $100m

In any case, it made money. Worldwide, it did $347m, so it probably made a decent profit.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks