What's new

National Signing Day (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
To all college football fans, as you know today is national signing day. It looks like Alabama has lost a couple of committments in the last few days. Hopefully, the top committments we have will end up signing. I know football isn't as big elsewhere in the country, but here in SEC country, we live and breathe football year round.
How is your team doing?

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

I'm with you Kev...big day for Bama if we can land the top OL in the country Andre Smith here in about an hour!

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Jack,
which websites do you use track the results of signing day? I am trying to keep up with LSU, Bama, and Auburn. I am listening to the 730 wump signing day special. Do you listen to WUMP for your local sports talk?

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Kevin,

I usually get most of my info from Tiderinsider.com. It's a subscription site.....but there is some free content on there.

I have listened to the ump in the past. One of my friends "BamaZack" calls in on every show every day I think. I'm not too big on it as of late, I usually listen the the much-hated Paul Finebaum...hehehe

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I know all about TiderInsider. I read it quite often. I am going to the Bama-LSU basketball game this Saturday. This will be my first trip to Coleman since the remodel. Has Andre announced yet?

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Big Andre Smith is BAMA-Bound!! He broke out a houndstooth hat at the press conference!! Bama has the top ranked OL class in the country...three 4-stars and a 5-star...according to rivals.com.

You ought to have fun at that basketball game..the fans always give the LSU coach Brady a hard time. I hear Coleman is very much improved.

You ought to try and check out the stadium expansion progress at Bryant-Denny while you are there....here are a few pics/artist renderings:

http://rolltide.com/Facilities/5083.asp

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
My mother is from Boaz and all of my family down there are big Bama fans. Haven't been down that way since my Great Grandmother died 3 years ago, but Alabama has been my second favorite team right behind Michigan. Its nice to see the Tide back in national prominence again. I would love a BCS showdown between the two so we could stop hearing so much about the Big 12 and the Pac 10!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
To me recruiting day has lost its luster and mainly because it's really annoying to see all of these classes ranked by how good they might be.

When in truth, most of these prospects may not even play. They may get booted etc.

That's why I think these recruiting classes need to be reevaluated based on how they end up being.

Here's a good article on it:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ted/index.html

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
There's a reason National Signing Day and college recruiting in general is a hot topic followed by many...the reason is: IT'S VERY IMPORTANT. Not an exact science of course, but you gotta have top nationwide talent to go along with good coaching to get the hardware.

I'm pretty sure that USC, Texas and LSU have finished in the top 5 every year in recruiting the last few years and the results on the field speaks for itself for these teams.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the beginnings of the Bryant-Denny expansion this past fall when I was down there for games. I am definitely interested in walking by when I am down there this weekend. I am going to the game with a LSU fan, so it should be interesting.

Where are all the other football fans that post in the NCAA thread? This proves my statement in the first post about SEC country and year round football.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Florida is ranked number 1 (as having the best class) on most of the recruiting top 25 lists, such as Scout and Rivals.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Nebraska is currently ranked #20 on Rivals. Good, but given how much emphasis was made about recruiting when Callahan was brought in, this is disappointing.

I just hope he gets the 'cupboard' stocked and then NU goes out and gets a real HC.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Rivals has Clemson ranked 15, which is pretty good. They pulled off a couple of big signings today, which will hopefully translate into some success on the field in a couple of years.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Florida State had a huge signing day last season due largely to the fact that WR Fred Rouse signed with FSU.

He had a sub-par freshman season and was recently kicked off the team. So much for that banner recruiting class.

James St

Supporting Actor

Same here. The Gators has an awesome class even though we lost a few big time recruits in the last week.

Spencer M

Grip
As usual my Longhorns brought it a nice class. Got 2 very good QB's that we needed last year. Bama fans yall got a great QB in McElroy, got to watch him a few times this past season. Looking foreward to see what he can do at Bama.

James St

Supporting Actor

USC has taken over the #1 spot on a few of the recruiting rankings including Scout and Rivals. If there's a jinx hopefully Florida avoided it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks