What's new

Natalie Wood on DVD (1 Viewer)

John Skoda

Second Unit

It definitely has its moments. There's a chilling scene where Wood's character has a nervous breakdown in a recording booth in the middle of looping a cheery song for a movie musical.

VicB

Agent
Real Name
Victor Bullara

Let's not forget her final film that had to be wrapped AFTER her controversial death - Brainstorm. Not the best acting on her part but a memorable SciFi (of sorts) film about "tapping into higher brain functions" and what happens as one dies.

Near the end of principal photography Wood was about to film a crucial, climactic scene for the movie when she drowned on November 29, 1981, leaving production in limbo for almost two years. MGM considered offering the rights to Paramount Pictures so the movie could be finished but ultimately Producer/Director Doug Trumbull decided to create an ending using body doubles and Natalie Wood soundalikes along with already-shot footage, completing production for a 1983 release. Stories had Natalie's sister Lana Wood doing certain scenes, but it wasn't really needed. Most of the film had been shot.

margaret l

Auditioning
Real Name
Margaret Lundy
Looks like we have to hope for a 2009 release now. I really would like to see them release Penelope & Sex and the Single Girl.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
For my own part, I'd like to see Rebel Without a Cause and West Side Story released as part of this collection one day. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yeah, sorry about that. I don't mean to imply that there aren't good releases of films out there already. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I had no idea, that is until you mentioned it.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's owned by MGM/UA. Natalie was a longtime Warners contract player for roughly a decade (circa 1955-65, the height of her film career), so most of her films, along with her MGM films Penelope, All The Fine Young Cannibals (her only feature film with Robert Wagner), and her final film Brainstorm are under the jurisdiction of Warner Home Video.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I hope Warner's Natalie Wood Collection finally comes out in early 2009...a long time coming!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Charles,

Thanks. The information is much appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads