What's new

Nash Bridges is in the works! (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Same here. It will nice to have Miami Vice and Nash Bridges next to one another on my shelves. :D

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Wouldn't ya know it? I just started recording these off WGN the other month. :crazy: Well, I guess I don't have to worry about never having the series, but I hate having wasted those dvds-r I recorded to. Better late than never I guess; so, thanks to the studio for getting the plans underway. Looking forward to collecting these. Just hope they don't draw out the release time frame between seasons.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Cool. My wife will be happy that it is coming to DVD. It is one of our favorites.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Will_C said:
Wouldn't ya know it? I just started recording these off WGN the other month. :crazy: Well, I guess I don't have to worry about never having the series, but I hate having wasted those dvds-r I recorded to. Better late than never I guess; so, thanks to the studio for getting the plans underway. Looking forward to collecting these. Just hope they don't draw out the release time frame between seasons.
I'd keep hold of those DVD-Rs, after all who knows if the entire series will get a release.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I like the fact that they shot on location in San Fransisco (well it looks like it even though I've yet to see the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz in any of the episodes I've watched).
ITV stopped showing Nash Bridges after season four, but FX have shown the fifth season and are currently showing the final sixth season.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I'm kind-of surprised by the lack of interest in this getting a release on DVD, it's a great little show. I hope this is not a sign that season one will get poor sales numbers. :frowning:

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on picking this up. I watched it regularly when it first started, but then I drifted away as it went on. I hope the entire series makes it to DVD. I want to see what I missed later on in the show.

Real Name
Duh.
One of my favorite TV shows. The series wnet threw some changes after the first season, dropping some characters, replacing the score composer (from Elia Cmiral to Eddie Jobson [who also did the theme song]) and changed tone somewhat. When it first started, it was a little more in line with "Miami Vice". While I thought the tone change was better for the show, I miss some of the slower, more time moments it originally had. Later on it had too much short scenes, bad quick edits (with lousey music fade outs), and too many songs.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i have order the third season yesterday. I love this show, but, then again i was a huge fan of Miami Vice, which i also have on dvd.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I decided not to buy the Region 1 Nash Bridges boxsets after reading some of the Amazon.com reviews saying some music has been substituted.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
That is your choice about the music. I myself did not pay much attention to the music, because i like the show for other reason. I just think it is unrealistic with the greed of people to expect at times that music artist will cooperate.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by younger1968 /forum/thread/272966/nash-bridges-is-in-the-works#post_3610409
That is your choice about the music. I myself did not pay much attention to the music, because i like the show for other reason. I just think it is unrealistic with the greed of people to expect at times that music artist will cooperate.
I liked Nash Bridges for a few reasons, the music included. I just don't like it when the music is substituted.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Many shows are struggling with music rights and that is causing problems with releases. If the musical artists want too much money then you know dvds will never be released. It gets frustrated because there are several tv shows, like Batman that could be very successful, but, politics is dictating the feasibility of releases. If people would just work together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks