What's new

Nancy Drew / Hardy Boys Mysteries Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
My set arrived in the mail yesterday. Would definitely have prefered 2-disc slimpaks to make the packaging smaller... I hate digipaks... especially ones with overlapping discs! But had no problem in shipping... discs stayed in trays.. no scratched discs or anything.

So far I watched both parts of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula and The Mystery of King Tut's Tomb with my daughter... we both enjoyed them very much... I can happily say this show really held up over the years for me! :D

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

This is good to hear, Pete. And really glad that you're getting your daughter into this show...you've already turned her on to the books, if they're still available from someone or in your collection, right?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Pete, I also thought S1 stood the test of time for me although my main "kid-viewing" decade was the 60's. I enjoyed that set and hope that S2 is more of the same. I don't remember seeing S2's shows during their original or syndicated airings so it'll be a blind-buy for me. It's about to be ordered in the DDD cart this evening.

When did Pamela Martin leave S2? I seem to recall reading here somewhere that it was toward the end of S2's episodes.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

It has been so many years since I saw these I am not sure... I do know it is somewhere into season 2... My daughter and I just finished watching the 8th episode in the set... and the last time we saw Nancy Drew it was still Pamela Sue Martin... so it hasn't happened quite yet.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto

It is reported that Pamela Sue Martin was very angry at the producers' move to combine the two shows and have Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys working in tandem, thus eliminating Nancy Drew's solo outings. So she quit.

The change to Janet Louise Johnson as Nancy Drew happens late in Season Two on the two-part episode "Voodoo Doll," and continues with the episodes "The Mystery of the Avalanche Express" and "Arson and Old Lace".

Finally, the producers just dropped the Nancy Drew character altogether, and the Hardy Boys had the show all to themselves for Season 3.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm glad to see that this show is holding up well for some. I'm very interested in buying these sets but I might wait until October or November. I can't afford them right now.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
In all honesty, I don't know why Universal just didn't go ahead and release the final 10 episodes from season 3. It would have completed the series. Especially considering that I really don't see any future tie-ins for them to justify releasing the final season. Oh well. One can hope that we'll get the final season.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I think they purposely held off on season 3 to tie it in with the new movie that is being worked on now... The Hardy Men. From what I understand it will be an updated version of The Hardy Boys with Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller playing Joe and Frank Hardy... here is the plot from hollywood.com

So I am hoping that we will be seeing the final season when The Hardy Men hits the theaters.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I just finished season 1 and loved it, I'm going to buy season 2 soon. I liked the Nancy Drew episodes more than the Hardy Boys one, mainly because I liked the ND cast more. I found the supporting cast to be more interesting and fit in better with Pamela Sue Martin, than the Hardy Boys cast did. And any show with William Schallert in it is a good thing.

I have nothing against Shaun Cassidy or Parker Stevenson, I just like Pamela Sue Martin more and thought her episodes were better. I'm going to miss her, once her episodes are over but I plan to buy all 3 seasons.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Any chance Season 3 of the Hardy Boys will be released?I want to
complete the series.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Since Season 1 was released in March of 2005 and Season 2 was out in June 0f 2007, there's still a chance season 3 could be released sometime this year. I'd love to get it but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I'd like to see season 3 get released too! It's very annoying, especially since the show only had 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks