What's new

Directors Name That Movie - Audio Edition (1 Viewer)

Mawiyah

Agent
Round 9 -- wah?

I've never even heard of that movie!

Matt, if you know whose voice that is on round 10, then the answer should be a quick imdb search away... or is that considered cheating?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Round 9 -- wah?

I've never even heard of that movie!
It's an oddball, cult classic. Some people love it, some people hate it, and some people just think it's stupid. It's hardly a little known film, around here at least. In fact, it's more well known than some of the others I'll be including.

You're among some pretty hard core movie watchers here on HTF.

You can use imdb if you want, but with most of these clips it won't be much use.

I don't know if I've discouraged people, or if I just listen to movies more than most others do.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I'm not discouraged, just not having any luck/skill yet. The only one I feel bad about missing is Moulin Rouge.

The 5th Element - saw once (and didn't like it much)
Joe vs. the Volcano - haven't seen
Body Snatchers - haven't seen
American Beauty - saw once
Untamed Heart - haven't seen
Angel Eyes - haven't seen
Moulin Rouge - saw once, but watched most of the extras and the commentary so I should've gotten it
Frailty - saw once
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - only seen small parts of

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Of all the movies used thus far, Moulin Rouge is the only one I've seen and I couldn't even get that one. Time to ponder my subscription to this contest. :D

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Well, Buckaroo Banzai was my alternate choice for that one, but I went with what I submitted anyway. I know the movie pretty well, but that just didn't click well enough. Darn.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I don't know if I've discouraged people, or if I just listen to movies more than most others do.
Nah, I think you just tend to use movies that you like and are familiar with (which is what I would do). How many correct answers would you get if I were running this thing? :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The answer to Round 10 is..........."I wish I could still talk to the man in the moon."

[c]

[url=http://www.johnricephoto.com/htf/ntm/10.jpg] [/url]

The Man in the Moon

4 Correct Answers, 5 points each

Brad Porter
Brian Lawrence
Elizabeth S
SteveGon

[/c]

Three shames to all ye who still haven't seen this little gem.....and that includes you, Brad. ;)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For the poor folks beating themselves up over recognizing the voice in Round 10, it probably wasn't who you think it was, since Emily Warfield is hardly well known.

Now, just go out and buy the DVD of The Man in the Moon.

william-scooter

Stunt Coordinator
You are right on #10, it wasn't anything I had heard before but damn if it didn't feel like I knew that voice, that line and that music... probably due to all young starlets attending the same Academy of Southern Accents and Dialects. They start sounding the same.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Everyone may want to be aware of where they are when they click on this clip. It' funny, but also a bit on the "R" Rated side.

[c]Round 12

Listen to the Clip

Submit Your Answer

Enter your HTF user name and your answer in the subject line of the email like this

JohnRice - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

[/c]

And Steeve, I 'll wait to reveal the answer of Round 11 until I hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks