What's new

Name a TV series where most/all cast die (SPOILER RICH of course) (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
trying to think of TV series where most/all cast/characters all die throughout the course of the season.

can som1 list them?

no need to use spoiler tags here. just be forewarned! >P. i've seen most shows i like so far, so i'm not afraid =).

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, out of an excess of concern for the tender-hearted, I'll spoilerize this reference to a certain supernatural/horror cult series from - let's just say awhile ago.

Most of the cast of Forever Knight is dead by the end of the finale, except for the ambiguous nominal villain of the piece, who drives off into the moonset. And, I think, one of the main cops. Of course the lead, a tortured vampire who wanted to become mortal and die someday, didn't mind so much.

Regards,

Joe

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

They charged into a battle in which they all expected to be killed, being heavily outnumbered.

Blackadder season 4 ended the same way, with everyone 'going over the top' out of the trenches into a charge on the enemy lines.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
alex, SFU is a bit unique imho. it's not so much about "they all die in the end" as it has to do with the show's theme about mortality and the legacies that you have left behind.

was looking4more of the Blake 7 type of shock factors. like the "wtf were they thinkin" moments.

for most of the shows i watched today like Lost, BSG, etc. they have a hard time killing the MAJOR members. like imagine Jack, Kate, Sawyer dying in Lost? how about Adama, Roslin, Lee for BSG?

like when the recent promo of Lost hyped up Juliet's death, she isn't really a MAJOR MAJOR cast member like the big 3 above.

or how about back in Star Trek TOS, imagine Kirk, McCoy, Spock dying in the series!? imho, that's why trek2,3,4 was so exciting. Spock's death and resurrection was... 'fascinating'.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Additionally, I think Angel was the only character from the first nine episodes that was still alive by the last scene of the show.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Dinosaurs (1991-1994 Muppets/Disney co-production on ABC): Everyone died in the final episode from the Ice Age.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Well, they didn't die in the end of the series, but there is one episode of Rosanne (a halloween episode I do believe) where Roseanne, not to be out pranked by her family, blows up her house with her entire family in it. Those were always my favorite episodes.

WadeLil

Stunt Coordinator
The show that stands out 4 me is OZ. They said from the out not 2 get attached 2 any charecter bcause they will be dead by the end......they didnt lie lol.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
How about shows where you wish everybody would die already and that the next episode would be the last?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
(I sometimes get forced to site through shows I'd rather not see for - let's call them "social reasons". :D There's a long list of show's where I'd like to see everybody messily killed.)

Back to thread topic, I don't think shows like Oz count because all the characters don't die in the last episode. The fact is, that's a pretty rare thing on TV. (SFU is also a bit of a stretch because showing the eventual fates of the characters is not quite the same as Blake's 7 or Blackadder Goes Forth where everyone buys it all together, or the show I mentioned where everybody dies in the course of a single story covering maybe a day or two of dramatic time. Heck, all the characters in The Adams Chronicles die by the end, that's the nature of biography, but I wouldn't consider that an example of what the OP is talking about.)

Regards,

Joe

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I'd forgotten about that one! Similar ending to Angel, they go into battle heavily outnumbered expecting to die, and since the show was never renewed, an appropriate series ender I suppose.

Crime Story isn't quite as extreme, but the two main protagonists, Ray Luca and Lt Torello, went down in a small plane in the final episode.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well maybe the most main character doesn't/hasn't died yet, but lots of major characters have been killed off over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks