What's new

Naked City (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Finally got the notification and at the $25 price! Looks like I made it. This is my second greatest lucky break with Amazon overall (nothing will top my being among the handful who got the Fugitive set when it was first released and then quickly withdrawn).

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I know I too often throw cold water on things, or rain on parades, or whatever -- but don't you think when you open the package you're going to find "The Best of Naked City" in there? After all, the whole thing was a mistake, and it wasn't the price that was a mistake -- it's what the price was attached to that was the mistake, and that's probably what's listed in their database and what they're going to be sending out. It's all done by computers these days, not people -- not that the people would know what they're doing, anway.

But I'm cynical by nature, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you guys get what you hope to get. All I know is, if I had got there in time and ordered it at $25, the odds are 10,000 to 1 that it would be the "Best of" set that I'd have wound up getting. As Huckleberry Finn put it, "I've been there before."

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Not likely because first off the link was for the product "Complete series". My shipping notification says. "Your Amazon.com order of "Naked City: The Complete..." has shipped!" and the picture shows the box of the Complete series and my invoice is for the Complete Series meaning they must honor what I ordered from that product page.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The only problem with that scenario Joe is that Walmart had the Best of... and other variations of the Naked City releases were also listed and they were all cheaper than $25 (same with Amazon). Shipping out a Best Of... release for $25 when it was already available under another listing for under $20 would really create a problem with buyers.

So while I could understand your concern if the Best Of... set had the same price but just the wrong description, or just wasn't on the site at all, but that just doesn't appear to be the case. It is much more logical that someone mispriced the complete series in the computer.

It reminds me of two pre-order pickups of Warner Archive TV titles I managed to get from Best Buy over the last couple of years (Cheyenne and FBI). In both cases the titles stated complete seasons of two disks (not two volumes) for a retail price of $19.99. Both were honored and both shot up to $49.99 once the release date came. Some times the wrong price is just entered into the computer.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Some others (on another site) have already received their orders and they ARE the complete series, so that's what I'm expecting. I have no problem with getting it for that price, after all, it was Wal-Mart's mistake and I don't think they'll exactly go out of business over it!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Not a Prime member, so I am still waiting for a shipping notice. But for me this deal is right up there with the Best Buy/Fox goof many years ago that allowed us to get the first six seasons of "24" for around $25 total.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Received my Naked City set in the mail tonight from UPS . Looks good . Price of $25 show up in my bank records . Everything looks good . Thanks Amazon . :)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Finally got MY shipping notice, with the correct item at the right price. Should be here tomorrow. Yay!! :)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Got mine from Amazon today for the outrageous price of $25. Next time I get a bad break, I must remember this good one.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Carabimero said:
Got mine from Amazon today for the outrageous price of $25. Next time I get a bad break, I must remember this good one.
I admire your thinking!
Mine arrived today - it's the complete series, Joe.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
This is getting ridiculous!!!!! Here it is, the night before the release date of November 5, 2013, for Naked City, and I still do not have my discs nor a shipping confirmation. This is getting very frustrating. This is not the first time Amazon has messed me over on a pre-order. Back in 2008, I pre-ordered a season of That Girl from them...and they did not get it to me until two days later following the release date!!!!! NOT COOL, AMAZON!!!! NOT COOL AT ALL, AMAZON!!!! Now, here I am, afraid that Amazon is going to stiff me on this order. And I am an Amazon Prime member as well!!!! And they are treating me this way???? Unacceptable!!!! I really hope they come through for me on this order ON TIME!!!!! If not, I will stay on them tooth-and-nail DAILY until they deliver my merchandise I paid for in good faith as everyone else did. I am getting pretty peeved about this transaction with Amazon.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
All I know is..... I need to check this forum more!! No deal for me. Oh well. I'm still looking forward to getting this.

David Com

Agent
Interesting for me. I pre-ordered this ages ago from Amazon at the $99 price. It showed up today, and I was only billed $25.48 plus $2.29 tax. Guess Amazon really does honor their lowest price promise!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks