What's new

NAD 748...no sound...what the heck? (1 Viewer)

Number1AVdork

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Umberto Smith
Currently I don't have the other speakers ready... I though all I need to do is hook up some speakers to the main inputs.
I hooked the speakers for two speakers to run in stereo for the time being. I hooked the speakers up to the front section of the amp. Next I hooked the rca cables up to the audio 1 input from the directv box.
Now sound...nothing, no matter what input I select the amp doesn't get sound. All of this modern garbage is starting to make me mad. Can't the damn amplifier auto detect every input? Must I manually configure it some DOS looking setup menu. If that's the case I'm going to ditch the NAD and get a more user friendly setup. Maybe even one with more sophisticated calibration software. Even if it means more headaches.
I thought the NAD would be plug and play. I a think I am wrong.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Number1AVdork /t/323392/nad-748-no-sound-what-the-heck#post_3968762
Currently I don't have the other speakers ready... I though all I need to do is hook up some speakers to the main inputs.
I hooked the speakers for two speakers to run in stereo for the time being. I hooked the speakers up to the front section of the amp. Next I hooked the rca cables up to the audio 1 input from the directv box.
Now sound...nothing, no matter what input I select the amp doesn't get sound. All of this modern garbage is starting to make me mad. Can't the damn amplifier auto detect every input? Must I manually configure it some DOS looking setup menu. If that's the case I'm going to ditch the NAD and get a more user friendly setup. Maybe even one with more sophisticated calibration software. Even if it means more headaches.
I thought the NAD would be plug and play. I a think I am wrong.
Is there an A+B switch that you need to hit for the speaker terminals? What model of NAD are you using?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
pardon my confusion but you stated you connected the speakers to the "front section of the amp". I went to the NAD site and looked at the pictures of the front and rear of your receiver and apparently the speaker connections are on the back. You also said you connected the speakers to "inputs", which is also wrong.
If you bought your receiver used and don't have the manual you can download it from the NAD website--might help. Some receivers do require you to "assign" inputs, which isn't really plug and play but should be achievable if you follow the instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks