What's new

N.Y.P.D 60's cop show (1 Viewer)

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Discovered this cop show from the late 60's the other day. Starred Jack Warden. Only saw a clip but wondered if it was any good & if so, any chance of a DVD release? Wasn't sure if it might be so far off the radar that DVD wasn't a possibility. Love shows from the 60's & 70's!!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Good show, IMO. Also had Frank Converse, from the legendary Coronet Blue, and Robert Hooks I believe. Much like Naked City, shot on location in NYC. Had a gritty feel to it. Not on DVD as far as I know.

Wvdvdguy

Agent
Real Name
Jon
Thank you! Watched a vintage promo on YouTube & it just grabbed me. Ran two seasons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Produced on 16mm instead of 35 to give it a gritty feel. Much better than the similar studio bound shows produced in LA at the same time.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Paramount Television originally produced the series. As far as I can tell, they were acquired by Viacom, who was in turn acquired by CBS, who I think now owns the rights. Then again, I could be wrong.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It was a Talent Associates show. Syndicated by Worldvision, so now the syndication rights at least are owned by CBS. As to home video, that's tricky because TA was sold to Time Life/HBO so therefore may have wound up with Warner. The only TA show that has come out has been Get Smart and that was released by Time Life (which to complicate matters further is not really the same company as the Time Life that bought the company in 1978.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
This talk got me into watching some so I threw a few on. Great show from the same creators as East Side West Side. I picked up almost the whole run on film years ago for a buck an episode. Don't really know anywhere it's run since the 80s.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Watched an episode online the other day. Really solid show. I love these older programs because they're such period pieces! The clothes, the cars.....

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John DeAngelis
Neil Brock said:
This talk got me into watching some so I threw a few on. Great show from the same creators as East Side West Side. I picked up almost the whole run on film years ago for a buck an episode. Don't really know anywhere it's run since the 80s.
I am very envious!

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Interesting that this was a half-hour show, despite being from the late 60s, when most cop shows and other dramas ran 60 minutes. I'd guess that Adam-12 was the last one (ending in 1975).

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Have to confess, I remember this show on TV (or at least in syndication), but remember absolutely nothing about the show except for the iconic "Siren light" opening inspiring the Police Squad/Naked Gun movies:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks