What's new

Myers set for Austin Powers 4 (1 Viewer)

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
I was hoping I had seen the last of the AP sequels when I watched Goldmember - hardly any good laughs to be had. Maybe I was mistaken but did it not conclude with a 'The End' signage?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I love AP2, one of my favorite movies. AP1 was not bad, but I don't like it nearly as much as 2. AP3, didn't do much for me, I rate it as the worst of the bunch. Can't really see the need for an AP4.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I liked Goldmember a helluva lot more than Part 2. I wouldn't mind seeing another one, provided the character Goldmember is nowhere to be seen and Seth Green becomes the new Dr. Evil as implied by the end of the third film.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Goldmember, IMO, really was the worst of the bunch. It ruined the things set up by the series (Dr. Evil being REALLY evil, Scott not being able to connect with him, Austin having some sort of internal conflict) and only gave a few truly funny moments. To me, AP1 and 2 were instant classic comedies, especially 1.

I just hope they don't follow suit with the first 3 films and have it take place in the 80s. Though all 3 women returning would be cool.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I saw Goldmember twice and I don't ever want to see it again. Mike needs to stop beating a dead horse. The first five minutes of the film were absolute genius and had me gasping for air, but the rest of the film was half-hearted.

Where's Wayne's World 3? :D Actually I'd love to see Mike and Dana team up for a movie. They were one of the best duos on SNL and beyond.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Actually I'd love to see Mike and Dana team up for a movie. They were one of the best duos on SNL and beyond.
I always thought it would be a great idea if Dana Carvey were to co-star along with Mike Myers in an Austin Powers film, maybe as a sidekick or something.

No wait...I'm seeing something. Yes! Austin Powers and Turtle Guy! :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I think it would really give the 4th film a boost if he could slip Dana in there somewhere, let him be the new villain rather than taking on yet another role.

Anyway, while AP3 was more uneven than the first two films, I still enjoyed it quite a bit and look forward to just a little bit more of those characters. It's doubtful that it will make the kind of BO that 2 and 3 did, but it should still do well enough to warrant making it.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I really thought all 3 were very funny flicks...but I'd rather see another Waynes World....or *gasp* something original...

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I liked all three films, but really feel that it's over. I don't hae any empty feeling inside aching for a fourth film.

Paul>Wh

Agent
IMHO no more WWIII WWII was so bad that it brought down the original and I cannot stomache to watch either one. Keep up the Austin Powers fun though, just my $.02,
Paul

FredK

Second Unit
Funny how we're tired of AP and the lack of originality... when this is one of the recent few original comedic characters that is actually funny.

Now, AP3 did go to the AP1/2 well way to often (and Caine was wasted, could've been so much more), but a well written 4 would be a welcome release.

After all, AP2 is the only film ever to have an Exorcist parody that is actually funny (one of my favorite comedy scenes ever).

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
After all, AP2 is the only film ever to have an Exorcist parody that is actually funny (one of my favorite comedy scenes ever).
I know this is just your opinion, but did you see the Exorcist parody in Scary Movie 2? That was hilarious and the only funny part to that movie, IMO.

FredK

Second Unit
I know this is just your opinion, but did you see the Exorcist parody in Scary Movie 2? That was hilarious and the only funny part to that movie, IMO.
SM2 was the one with the "disfigured hand" character right? I've seen it but can't really recall any of the scenes, thanks for the tip I'll go back and keep my eyes open next time.

Wes C

Supporting Actor
I thought Goldmember was awful, but I still consider myself a fan of the series.

I'll see it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks