What's new

My Wega 16:9 squeeze always defaults to OFF (1 Viewer)

Andy Kim

Second Unit
Hi,

I just bought a the 36" KV36FS13. 16:9 looks amazing by the way. The problem I'm having is that it 16:9 option won't stay on and be saved.

If I were to get out of the video mode and then go back into video, 16:9 enhanced would be deselected.

I would just like to have it default to ON for 16:9.

Is there a way for this to be done?

Thanks

Andy

Vasanth B

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think the TV will allow you to turn 16 x 9 on permanently. I am thinking they did this to prevent a large number of returns because (Sony's perception of) stupid consumers couldn't figure turn the feature off and they would the think the TV is broken.

It's annoying, but I just program the steps to turn the 16 x 9 squeeze on into my remote so I just press one button. I know the higher end Wegas automatically select 16 x 9.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Andy- Unless you watch ONLY anamorphic DVDs on your Sony, why would you want the squeeze mode to be the default? I've programmed the sequence to activate the squeeze mode into my remote, so it's a matter of one button push to activate (or deactivate) the squeeze mode.

To me, that's even better than being able to set the squeeze mode to default. I think there is even a way where you could make the squeeze mode your default, but I've never bothered with it.

Edit- rereading your post, I don't believe there is a way you can save the squeeze mode when returning to DVD from other inputs. You can set it so it defaults to squeeze mode when you first turn it on, but not so that it automatically returns to squeeze mode when you cycle through other inputs back to DVD.

Steve K.

Ben_hunt

Auditioning
Andy

The problem is that you have the FS line of Wega's(which doesn't have the 16x9 auto detection) in the FV line along with PIP you also get what Sony calls ID1 auto 16x9 detection which detects the 16x9 signal from your dvd player and automaticly turns on the enhanced wide screen.

for now you'll have to live with turning on the enhanced wide screen every time either that or if you have macro capability on your remote program a macro to turn it on.

cheers

BEN

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks