What's new

My top 5 most-wanted DVD releases (2007 edition) (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Matthew Burdette
Here is my top 10 of what needs to be released on DVD:
1. Bonkers (Disney) This show is in need of a DVD release, Disney should begin with the Piquel episodes Chance of it coming to dvd: 4 (0=No chance, 1=bit of a chance 2=little chance 3. Moderate chance 4. Good chance 5. Very good chance)

2. WWE Sumemrslam anthology (WWE): WWE is from the looks of it still working on it but there are some roadblocks. (Music issues, Jesse Ventura, ETC) Chance of it coming to dvd:3

3. Small wonder (TCFHE): This is a show in need of a DVD release, chance of it: 2

4. Beavis and Butthead: the Banned episodes (MTV/CBS Paramount) Early on in the show's run, Beavis and Butthead had a obsession with fire which put them into trouble (As one mom thought but SHE DID NOT HAVE CABLE AT THE TIME) Some episodes were banned as a result and we need a dvd release featuring the Banned episodes uncut (plus episodes with the fire references restored to the episodes) chance of DVD release? 0 for right now

5. JCP/NWA/WCW Starrcade anthology (WWE) Before Wrestlemania there was Starrcade, this needs a DVD release badly but there are roadblocks on the way (Music, CC version of Starrcade 1985 is lost? Ventura commenterry) Chance: ZERO

LCD22

Screenwriter
1. Promised Land - I completely forgot about this series while compiling this list, but I hope Paramount will bring out this family drama.

2. The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - "Dobie Gillis" has rights issues, but I hope they can be sorted out. I'm dying for "Dobie" season sets.

3. MacGyver: Lost Treasure of Atlantis/MacGyver: Trail to Doomsday – I really would like to be able to finish “MacGyver” on DVD.

4. Legend - Richard Dean Anderson's follow-up series to "MacGyver" desperately needs a complete series release.

5. Danger Bay - One of my all-time favorite Canadian series, and my most wanted now that "MacGyver" has been released.

And, finally Homefront - Kyle Chandler's most critically-acclaimed series and I do hope Warner finally releases it.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
1) South Of Nowhere - A family moves from Ohio to Los Angeles, where they find themselves unprepared for the city's fast pace, and the overcrowded public school that their three teenagers will attend. Girl dealing with her sexual identity.

2)Young Americans - Teens at a prestigious school in small town including Jake who is really a girl (Katherine Moennig - L Word)

3) Alienated - Alienated is about a family who gets abducted by Aliens and then crazy things start happening to them.

4) Sue Thomas F.B.Eye - Based on a true story, Sue Thomas:F.B.Eye follows the adventures of Sue Thomas at the FBI in Washington, D.C. She's one hard-headed, soft-hearted woman whose talent for reading lips helps crack crimes and bag the bad guys in places listening devices can't penetrate. With her hearing-ear dog, Levi, Sue's a glutton for jeopardy - and there's (almost) nothing she won't do to bring notorious criminals to justice. This remarkable, edge-of-your-seat drama is an inspiring tribute to the ability of the human spirit to overcome adversity and achieve great things.

5) Relativity - Soap opera about twenty-something lovers who meet in Italy and continue their romance at home in the United States. Side plots deal with various family situations from both of their families.

Rock N' Roll

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
1. Nash Bridges season sets (the fact that this isn't out boggles my mind)

2. Robocop: TV Series complete series set (it's out in the UK, why not here?)

3. Batman (the '60s show ... see number one).

That's about it for me I guess.

Rock N' Roll

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric

As for the Summerslam set, they'll likely do it NEXT year. The Royal Rumble set is the next one coming out.

As car as Starrcade goes, I can see them doing like a 2-disc "Best of", but I highly doubt you'll see an anthology anytime soon.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
1 cannon
2 barnaby jones
3 mannix
4 angie
5 the wonder years

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, Maude, One Day At A Time and Family Ties all were in my top 5 not even six months ago, but all have been announced :)

1. Ally McBeal in region one
2. Alice in season sets
3. VR.5 (only one set, it's a cult show, release it, what's the holdup?)
4. The Patty Duke Show
5. The Donna Reed Show

for "abandoned" shows (been at least 9 months since the last release and no announcement for more yet)
1. more Taxi
2. more Diff'rent Strokes
3. more Murphy Brown

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
Pistols n Petticoats
The Mothers In Law
The Lucy Show
Love, American Style
Nanny & The Professor
The Courtship of Eddie's Father
He & She
Barefoot in the Park
Julia
Amos n Andy
The Burns & Allen Show
The Jack Benny Show
Dennis The Menace
Dobie Gillis

Qrusher14242

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel Dressel
Everwood Seasons 2-4
Mystery Science Theater Season Sets
Rest of Boy Meets World
Andy Richter Controls the Universe
Rest of NYPD Blue
Wonder Years

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
WANT MORE OF:

Incredible Hulk
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
NYPD Blue
Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Hardcastle & McCormick
Rocky & Bullwinkle

WANT RELEASED:

The Fugitive (Hope it's true that it's coming this year)
The Wonder Years
Ellery Queen
Boris Karloff's Thriller
Midnight Caller

FallGuy

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
Jay_B! said:
well, Maude, One Day At A Time and Family Ties all were in my top 5 not even six months ago, but all have been announced :)

One Day At A Time has been announced? Is there a link to this? Or a release date? I thought we were still waiting on news on that one.

My own top 5:

1. The Fall Guy (seriously, the wait is killing me)
2. Six Million Dollar Man
3. More NYPD Blue (I know, I know...)
3. Grand (lovely sitcom from about 15 years ago)
4. Larry Sanders - full seasons (at least there's something coming)
5. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends (nerd alert)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Hunter seasons 4-7 and tv movies.
Poltergeist the Legacy seasons 2-4.
Fall Guy.
Nash Bridges.
Street Hawk (only a half season).

And if nobody minds, I'd like to add 6M$M & BW, Spiderman (live action '70s series), Isis and Shazam, TJ Hooker seasons 3-5, Out of This World, Small Wonder, Friday the 13th the Series, Werewolf, Beans Baxter, Wizards and Warriors, Live Shot, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Step By Step, Family Matters, more Boy Meets World, Hawkeye and the second and final seasons of Adventures of Sinbad and Street Justice (Canadian only releases). Sorry about going over my top 5, just wanted to get these out too. I'm hoping that they'll keep up with Hulk, and my other shows seem to be on a relatively regular release schedule, though I wish they'd put out sets of JAG, L&O, L&O:SVU, and Walker at a faster pace. And hopefully Universal will get Airwolf season 4, which a number of people don't consider part of the real series, out to us soon after S3 in May. Too too much still on my want list.

Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
My top six would probably be....

Friday Night Lights (newbie)
Blossom (sentimental favourite)
These Arms of Mine (Canadian show)
The Hogan Family (love those 80s sitcoms)
Charlie Grace (very short-lived Mark Harmon series)
Early Edition (for the Kyle Chandler factor)

My top five sets that have started and need completion are:

Once and Again (series 3)
Everwood (series 2-4)
Mad About You (which looks like it's getting somewhere)
Party of Five (series 3-)
Boy Meets World (I hate incomplete sets)

Lincoln

Agent
Real Name
Lincoln

Sony actually released season 1 on DVD in Japan, I bought them (I live in the US) and can share some details about it if you'd like, I know some other people on a forum I moderate that have alot gotten them.

My list are for show's currently running on TV.
1) Criminal Minds Season 2.
2) House M.D. Season 3
3) Numb3rs Season 3
4) Monk Season 5
5) Psych

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
No Official Releases Thus Far:
---
1. Batman (60s)
2. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Season Sets)
3. The Lucy Show (Non-PD Season Sets)
4. Dexter's Laboratory
5. Matlock

Want More Of (Sorry, Can't Stick With Just 5):
Gomer Pyle, The Facts of Life, Green Acres, Animaniacs, I Dream of Jeannie, She Spies, Pokemon, I Dream of Jeannie, Seaquest DSV, CHiPs (1st release in June), Teen Titans, Murder She Wrote

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
1. Once and Again - S3

2. The Adventures of Pete & Pete - S3

3. Out of Practice

4. South of Nowhere

5. The Tracy Ullman Show

JeffT.

Deceased Member
In limiting the selection to just an individual's top 5 favourites it is of course realized that they are other tv titles that one would also like to see made available on DVD as well.

01) THE INVADERS
02) SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE
03) ROALD DAHL'S WAY OUT!
04) ONE STEP BEYOND
05) MEN INTO SPACE

I think that all of these have an excellent chance of being realized from one distribution source or another...sooner or later!

Jeff T.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
My list has changed since it's been announced that both WKRP In Cincinatti and One Day At A Time...and yes, ODAAT has been officially announced, TVShowsOnDVD.com posted about this either today or yesterday. I think both series are coming out in April if I remember correctly.

So my top 5 as of this moment would be...

1. Ally McBeal--Early last year it was reported the series would be out in season sets by the end of the year...obviously that didn't happen. I thus am hoping it happens this year.

2. Head of the Class

3. Lawman--We need more westerns.

4. How The West Was Won--Yes, we need more westerns...

5. Ellery Queen

Of course, I now a few of these are extremely unlikely.

And if my vote means anything we'll never see Small Wonder, my pick for one of the worst shows ever...sorry, Matthew! :)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
1.) "Tiny Toon Adventures". Now that "Animaniacs" and "Pinky And The Brain" are coming out at a steady pace, why not release the title that started it all? Oh, and I would prefer lots of extras on this if it ever comes out. Not just one featurette, but maybe 3 or 4...Oh, and commentaries would be wonderful!

2.) "Freakazoid!". With only 24 episodes, this could be released as a complete series. Oh, and once again, I want there to be more extras than just a measly featurette.

3.) "Out Of This World". I recall watching this in my single digits...Now I would like to see it once more, if only so I could pay attention to the dialogue.

4.) "California Dreams". Far superior to "Saved By The Bell", you never hear about this show. It's a shame, really. It was funny, and the mid-90s pop music they performed was great.

5.) "Pepper Ann". I'm a mark for Kathleen Wilhoite, and this was a very intelligently-written show. It would be great to see it released.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

They all seem like longshots, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks