What's new

My Theater is finally done.!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Definately, :) Our kitchen/breakfast area ia set in a 50's style diner theme and it borders the family room you see there. My wife wnated to continue the time warp with a 60's/70's themed game room. We used the game twister as inspiration for the colors and a lava lamp for the shapes on the wall. we wanted a look like you were inside a lavalamp looking out.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Nice!! :emoji_thumbsup:

My new HT room is almost finished! I was hoping it would be done a couple weeks ago but the guy working on it got lazy and decided to string the job out. (It's all circumstances beyond my control.) But I'm hoping it will be finito by Wednesday (or worst case scenario: Saturday). My girlfriend is having an outpatient surgical procedure Friday and I want her to be able to relax in my new HT room over the weekend if she so chooses.

I'm posting a crude blueprint on my website. Here's the link .

BrianKR

Second Unit
That is one hell of a nice projector! I am thinking about purchasing the VP12S1 after researching yours.

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the projector is awesome.:emoji_thumbsup: It's my favorite piece of equiptment. I drool anytime HD hockey or baseball comes on. And watching movies, I feel like I'm seeing it exactly as the director intended. No extra brightness or artifacts or anything. "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up, they are so choice." Had to borrow from Ferris to get the feeling right.

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff-

The room looks great! I'm planning mine for the end of this year in the new house we're building.

Question for you...I've been struggling a bit thinking about lighting, and I was thinking about doing recessed lighting in the drop ceiling along with sconces (sp?) on the wall. I saw your pictures, and you've got exactly what I was envisioning. What brand/model are they? Are you happy with them?

Again, great job with the theater.

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure what brand or model they are. When I had the house built I had the builder wire in for 4 can lights at the front of the room and 4 sconces on the side walls. He was going to charge me $125 for each light and I knew they were not that much so I told him to just wire them. The general contractor that I worked with said he could not get an electrical signoff with unfinished circuits(no lights) so he said he would hook me up and put in some lights for no charge.
These are the cheapest grade construction grade lights out there. After checking out models at home depot and lowes I think I found the can lights for $5 and the sconces for less than $10. I only wanted the wiring so I did not mind the cheap lights but am glad that I didn't order them because if I paid 125 dollars for them I would have been pissed, and they are the same lights I would have been charged for. So...if you go to Home Depot or Lowe's you can find the same lights or better ones for the same price. Just pick out which ones you like.

Now, after all that I can say that I am tickled pink with the effect of the lights. I have not replaced them with something better because they do the job just fine. The can lights are only on when I'm working in there, they never come on during normal use. I use the sconces and rope lighting for normal lighting. I have all three sets of lights on different X10 dimmers so I can remotely control each set of lights with on/off and dimming. I run the ropelights and the sconces on the same channel so they both work together. I couldn't be happier with the way the lights work.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jeff:

Thanks for taking the time to light the room so that we all see the great work you did on the room. I know it was a pain to set up the lights, take new pictures and then upload them to the web. Gotta love X10 stuff.

Great job!

Parker

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Never a pain Parker when I get to share my passion with others who wont give me the raised eyebrow look when I say what I've done. X10 is simply awesome for the price point. I would love to be able to get specific scenes and stuff like what the GE and the lutron spacers can do, but I don't really need it so I wont get it. The x10 with the IR453 does everything I need it to and does it exactly as described...no surprise. Nothing fancy just a good working mans method of control.

As a side to anyone getting into x10...dump the rf remote that comes with the x10 and buy the IR453. The response time is instantaneous and more reliable than the rf remote.

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Nice job scott, looks like my first theater. Only, you seem to have a lot of foliage:D Looks good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks