What's new

My SVS driver swap... (1 Viewer)

ChrisB

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine today and the install went fairly smooth. Of course I had to do some looking around while I was in there, pretty basic stuff. I was expecting some little green men with super powers producing the bass that comes out of this thing, but just found some insilation, couple wires, and the back of a amp. I imediatly had to try it out, put in PM1 and could hear a diffrence in the opening THX thing. I am happy with the money spent, and am thinking of building a second sub for the basement with the extra driver
smiley_alien.gif

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Ron,

Quick question how long are you going to sell the ISD's for along with the rebate? Trying to save up some cash for two uggg. Question how much will the new 16-46pc+ model go for? Thx again!

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I completed the "i" upgrade on both of my 20-39 CS's today. It only took me about 20 minutes for both of them. I barely finished in time to make it to work on time so only a quick demo of Kid Rock so far. I could tell that the bass was tighter and possibly even louder. I can't wait to give the Haunting a test drive but it will probably have to wait until Monday for me to have time to calibrate and demo. So far so good.:emoji_thumbsup:

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Got home from a trip wed morn and found that UPS had tried to deliver my upgrade. Got it later that day and changed it out pretty quickly. Yes that driver is considerably heavier!

Also found it is tighter and a little louder.....

Thanks Tom and Ron for the opportunity to buy your products.......

Walt N

Second Unit
Well, I finished the driver upgrade yesterday and just now got around to reading the instructions.;) I noticed a mention that one should be certain to line up the holes in the driver to the existing holes on the baffle. I wonder why that is? I rotated the drivers a bit on mine so I could make fresh holes thinking the screws would set more firmly rather than using the old holes in the MDF. Probably doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference but it made me feel better. Also, it seemed like a good idea to put the sticky feet back on next to the dowel bolt mounting holes rather than over them in their original location. That way the screw heads will be easily accessable if one should ever need to remove the driver again.
Much more headroom now with these new drivers, I'm glad I did this. I don't have exact measurements yet as I want to make sure the surrounds have broken in, but they seem to go several dB's louder before bottoming.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I swaped my driver last night and found it to be pretty easy, I cant believe how much bigger the magnet on the new driver is. Does anybody know if the new driver needs some break-in time?

My brother-in-law was over to check out the new driver and help me. He wants to buy my old driver from me and make himself and SVS clone. Does naybody know where he can get some blueprints so he can make something close to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks