What's new

My SVS driver swap... (1 Viewer)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Did anyone above order #2605 get their shipping notice? Nothing here yet.

John Chow

Second Unit
Did everyone else besides Jantzen get the new leg bolts? Or is this something they left out of all the driver upgrades? Just wanting to know whether I need to hassle SVS ahead of time :p)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
The black leg bolts did not come with mine. But my 20-39cs made in August 2001 already had them. So NBD.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
They're black (big whoop) and philips driver instead of slotted. It's much easier to assemble in large quantities, but for single users it's nearly a non-issue. We offer(ed) them just since they are low cost and give a bit nicer fit/finish, even if it's to a part of the sub most folks never see.

You can't hear a leg bolt that's for sure.

Ron

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Today the new upgrade woofs for my 16-46s came. yeah. It is well worth the time, trouble(not much) and money for these new drivers. The subs are stronger and woof without strain now. My room is big and open on one side so these are a good upgrade.

No strain means more punch and clarity for the same power.

I would rather have a pair of Ultras but......

Ron or Tom, do we need to fill out a RMA to send back the old drivers or do we just ship them back with a copy of the invoice?

Everett A

Agent
Hey all you Canadians,

How much did ups charge for brokerage fees when you ordered 1 updated driver (svs)?

And i guess pst and gst apply, correct?

Thnx

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Trent,

Just send them to the address from which the new drivers came. Put your name and order number on the outside of the box. Putting in a copy of the invoice won't hurt.

Ron

GabrielC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure about the pricing yet, actually nobody will really know definitely yet because the drivers have JUST been shipped to canadians today. I'm guessing that UPS will charge at least their $30 handling fee and applicable taxes...so maybe totalling around $50-60?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I recieved my new driver on Monday and installed it easily. I don't have those black letg bolts but really don't think that would help :) I was quite shocked at the shear weight of the driver!!! But needless to say my sub is now a 20-39PCi ;-) Now how much will UPS/Fedex charge me to send this driver back to SVS....
And for the record, I turned down the volume on the sub again... makes me wonder why people need so many of these things! I'm running at about 33% on the volume dial, and its LOUD! ;)
Brian

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I received my upgraded driver yesterday and installed it last night. Here are my reactions so far:

Bass was tighter, with less general background rumble. You could clearly hear the bass notes (which you already could with the original SVS, but this further sharpened that), and the decay seemed more natural. I'll be interested to see how things change as the driver gets broken in.

On another note:

Though nothing other than the SVS driver has changed in my system, I've noticed some changes in the higher frequencies. I think I'm detecting a bit more sibilance in vocals (especially audible in the first track of Madonna's Music CD). My fiance and I spent some time last night listening to different tracks, and we both agree that something in the upper frequencies has changed. Does anyone have any idea how changing the sub driver could cause this? One theory I have is that because the bass response is tighter, tracks like Music which have sharply defined bass notes have less "bass echo" filling in the background, and thus the vocals stand out more. Or perhaps this alleged sibilance is simply an audio artifact of having tighter/truer bass overall, one that I'm detecting because I was so used to the previous sound of my system.

Thoughts anyone?

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Tom/Ron:
Just curious what order number you guys are on the driver upgrade. I'm #2903 so I know you have a ways to go before you get to me :frowning: .

Dax_M

Auditioning
Mine is #2902 and it shipped yesterday the 18th. You should be soon!

Dax

Edit: Ooops, meant the 19th.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dax,

I'm not sure but we're shipping out as many as UPS can comfortably handle with the other loads we're dumping on them.

E-mail us if you need any other updates folks.

Ron

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
I have suggestion to prevent damage when removing the foam feet. Get your girlfriend/wife's blowdryer and heat up the foam, this will allow the adhesive to come off without damaging the finish. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks