What's new

My So Called Life - DVD Boxset Release Details (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[c]I GOT IT![/c]
Best Buy. $59.99 (sale price; reg. $67.99).
When I got there at 11 sharp, an hour after they opened, they had already sold three sets. They had enough copies to fill 2 shelves, two-units deep! :emoji_thumbsup:
Watching the pilot right now...THANKS, JASON!!! :D

Jodee

Screenwriter
I just spoke to my credit card company. They initially said they couldn't help me since the charge dated back to March, but when I informed them of the constantly delayed expected ship date (from June to September to November) they took note of that and transferred me to the dispute department. I spoke to a nice woman who took all my info and told me she should be able to work this credit out based on the product never being delivered. I have email confirmations of everything AU has ever sent me, including the email on 10/25 that noted my cancellation request as well as the "expected" ship date of 11/1.

I am now hopeful I will see my $100 back.

My CC comapny is First Card if anyone also used them to make this charge.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Has anyone been able to contact this bunch of nerf herders? I have left them 4 vm asking why I have not recieved my copy, when I might recieve my copy, why I was not shipped with the first wave, etc. (I ordered on the 12th of Feb, pretty close to the beginning). I am particullarly annoyed that they don't even bother to answer the phone anymore. They seem to have never updated my email address whenever I have told them about changes, so I have never gotten any of the bulk email. Never mind the fact that they seem incapable of sending to hotmail accounts, odd cause every other damn bulk email gets though...
I am also unable to access MSCL.com :frowning:

DannyS

Second Unit
My Wife ordered this form Another Universe and was promised that this would be shipped personally by the guy that seems to be the only trustworthy one. (I forget your name .. sorry! ) :-( Anyway, there is still no sign of it. Can anyone offer advice of who to contact?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My Wife ordered this form Another Universe and was promised that this would be shipped personally by the guy that seems to be the only trustworthy one.
Are you by any chance referring to Jason Rosenfeld? If so, then please be aware that he never was directly employed by Another Universe...he was a paid consultant. He withdrew from his relationship with AU after too many issues arose surrounding this release.

If and when MSCL.COM comes back up, you can read all about it in the DVD section of their discussion Forum.

If it IS Jason you're thinking of, be aware that he no longer can help anyone get sets. Heck, he won't even have one for himself unless he runs to Best Buy and plunks down the cash for it.

To ask for a refund, go back over the past page or two of posts and see the instructions posted again and again. If you have requested one already, and haven't gotten it, complain to the FBI's Internet Fraud Complaint Center at the address already posted.

If you don't want a refund, if you want the AU set...then just wait. And wait and wait and wait and wait and...

JasonRosenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
David, mostly correct. However, I was a "supposed-to-be-paid" consultant.
AU has something majorly up their butts against paying anybody.
The positive side to this? I have become good friends with about a dozen other screwed vendors and freelancers. Some owed a year's worth of salary!!! One was the former editor of TheComicStore.com (what became AU, more or less). The other guy sued them and has been unable to collect his judgement (he won!) because they hide the cash in employee's accounts (how do I know this? I had received checks from employees' accounts).
To sum it up, I feel that they are parasites. Bah! I hope he chokes on his turkey. :D

Tiffany*D

Auditioning
In the episode So-Called Angels, does anyone know the name of the girl who is singing, or the title of the song she's singing?

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Finally, months late, and missing bits. I got my copy of MSCL! It only cost me about $US40 more then buying it from an reputable dealer! Good thing it came with that cool lunch box and cast interview DVD. I would have felt used otherwise. ;)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As I predicted earlier, Amazon.ca has delivered before AU has gotten discs to international destinations, and Amazon.com orders are in Europe already.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I'm in the UK and got my set from amazon.com today :emoji_thumbsup:
Would still be waiting for AU if I'd held out. I just pray my credit card company comes through for me with my disputed charges (otherwise this will be my single biggest dvd purchase!).
It's great to finally have this on dvd. I was worried after reading about the quality concerns on mscl.com but from the quick peek I've had, it looks as good as it did on TV.
There are some authoring/encoding issues but they seem to be minor. Of course there should be none at all but I'm SO glad to just finally have this in my hands!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I never got a refund directly from AU, but I was able to get my money back by disputing the charge with my CC company.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Jodee, how long had it been since you were charged? I was charged on 2/02 and my CC company won't charge it back.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Mark
If you have it, print out the email from AU (dated Sept 6th) that stated the release date was Sept 17th - they missed this shipping date!
My credit card company initially refused to give me a refund but when I made them re-read all the info I'd sent them :angry: they agreed that AU missing their own stated ship date meant that my request fell within their remit of the "set number of days" to contact them - which is something like 120. You'd need to check with your credit card company but they should accept this and action your refund too.
I am in the UK but it shouldn't make any difference!

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
That might be the problem. I don't have any documentation that has a ship date on it. Can you forward that email to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks