What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The odyssey is over...
YAY, MIKE!!! Partytime!
[c]
spot_party.gif
spot_party.gif
spot_party.gif

spot_party.gif
spot_party.gif

spot_party.gif
spot_party.gif
spot_party.gif
[/c]

Ben Seibert

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations Mike! I know you don't want to hear I got them for the first time this weekend without trying, but I'm excited too.

Rich Milak

Agent
I'm a former BB employee and yes If you sign up for the BB Card that's how you get them. See if you use there card they make more money, If you use Visa,Mastercard,etc. they have to pay the card co.a percentage. So thats why you get them.So that you will use there card and hopefully don't pay it off in time then they make a whopping 19% interest and get there service plans! They make all there money on MSN, NEtflix, bb cards and service plans. The Mgr. Bonus is directly related to how many PSP's PRP"s they sell some are good some suck, the old ones sold about a year ago are better because if it breaks the plan extends to the new one, now if it breaks you have to buy a new one. TV's for instance use a local repair shop if it sucks your plan sucks. I've had numerous repairs on tv's that left the TV in worse shape then when they came. BB pays a flat service fee to the repair shop no matter how many times it takes to repair it. So good repair shops tend to tell BB to go fly a kite because they can make more money on their own.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Rich, that sounds like the reason why some - or even many - people get these coupons.
My wife has been getting the coupons for years. I started getting the coupons a short time ago.
Neither of us has ever been a Best Buy credit card holder. Neither of us ever bought a service plan until I got one for a device we bought using the first coupons I got in my name. None of the things you mention have a thing in the world to do with how our names could have gotten on those lists.
OTOH, Mike got the credit card and didn't get the coupons for months. :confused:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
WHY did I get them NOW? Dunno. My repeated queries, I hope.
The things I had to do to get you on that mailing list.... :b :wink: :D j/k
Are we to believe that your wife is actually going to let you spend money at BB on Valentine's Day Weekend? Won't you be broke after buying her a bunch of lovey-dovey stuff?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Are we to believe that your wife is actually going to let you spend money at BB on Valentine's Day Weekend? Won't you be broke after buying her a bunch of lovey-dovey stuff?
:laugh: Wait till you guys see the comic strip FoxTrot tomorrow. I have it today because I got an early bird edition of my local paper. I will post a URL tomorrow when its available because it is some serious funny. My wife and I have this kind of DVD discussion all the time!
Thanks, everybody!
We'll see if I keep getting them. There was that time a few months ago that my wife got a set of coupons. It was a one-time-only gig, though. :frowning: We never got them again. So, I hope the partyin' isn't short-lived.
I hate to be such a negative Nellie. :D

Pete^K

Grip
Well Mike, we are all dying to know what the latest proud holder of a BB coupon mailing will choose to purchase
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:confused: :eek: what will it be???
Whatever it is I sincerely hope that it is not defective in any way, thereby necessitating a return/exchange, whereby aforementioned coupon is forfeited.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I just hate the inconsistency of my coupons.

None have arrived for this week, and I would like to use them to pick up Season 1 of Angel.

Oh, well.

If not, then I'll just order it online and then not have to worry about the sales tax.

Glen

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I just got some of these coupons, too. I got some back in October, and then I moved. This week's coupons showed up with my new address on them, even though I have not bought a thing at BB since I moved -- though I tried to buy something and did get a rain check there last month. I also have a Zoner card and I did change my address with them, so maybe that is how this happened? Anyhow, hopefully they will keep on coming. In the past I got them sporatically at best. One of my coupons doubles my Zoner points if I buy a CD or DVD at 10% off (I believe). I am considering picking up the soundtrack to Chicago -- something I have been wanting.

For the record, I have never had a Best Buy credit card.

Deborah

AnkushGosain

Auditioning
I received a coupon for the upcoming weekend...but I just purchased a 42" Mitsubishi this past weekend! :angry: Given that it hasn't been delivered yet, should I return it and repurchase it this weekend?
-Ankush
[email protected]

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I just hate the inconsistency of my coupons.

None have arrived for this week, and I would like to use them to pick up Season 1 of Angel.

Oh, well.

If not, then I'll just order it online and then not have to worry about the sales tax.

Glen
Glen, I've got my coupons that I don't need.

Send me your address, and I'll put them in the mail tomorrow.

If you want them, of course.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I didn't get my coupons until today. I was going to email BB asking how it could be possible that *Mike Frezon* was getting coupons and I wasn't, but let it pass. ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The wife and I both got our coupons today. Mine were:

1) 10% off any one item (the usual)

2) 10% off any five items from Music, Movies, Software, or VideoGames/VG Accessories (the usual)

3) Netflix: $20/month

4) Free $10 gift card with every $50 spent in computer accessory items/limit 10 $10 gift cards

Hers were the same, except for the last one:

4) Buy any Pentium 4 desktop package and get a free 3-piece Altec Lansing Model 221 speaker system instantly ($49.99 value)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Matt,

Thanks a ton, but I actually received mine today.

I just hope that I can use mine on Angel and BFGW.

Glen

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Matt,

Thanks a ton, but I actually received mine today.
Hey, no problem.

Anybody else want 'em? They are the 10% music, movies, software, games, game accessories one, a 50% off hardware installation one, the $20 Netflix one, and the general 10% off one.

First one to post with a mailing address gets 'em--and I'll put them in the mail tomorrow so you should receive them by the weekend.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've got my coupons. They are the 10% music, movies, software, games, game accessories one, a 50% off hardware installation one, the $20 Netflix one, and the general 10% off one.
Mine is yet a fourth variation. I got 10% off 5 items (music movies...), 10% off any one item, Netflix coupon: $20/month, and 10% off one major and small appliance and microwave. Guess that's what I get for buying a washing machine from BestBuy!;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a note to add that another BB Preferred Customer Weekend is about to come and go and I am STILL not receiving coupons. Could've used a set this weekend, too, for some computer items.
Found some .pdfs over at FatWallet but my manager was a stickler and didn't allow me to use them on my big-ticket purchase.
Anyway, it was interested to see at both Fat Wallet and DVD Talk that there are many, many people out there all wondering how to get on the preferred customer list and why they receive the coupons with such irregularity.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did! But since they sold out of the 120GB Maxtor hard drive that was on sale last week, I bought nothing with the coupons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks