What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I got the credit card when I bought a RPTV, with 18 month no interest a couple years ago. My wife and I used to always get the coupons, every 3 or 4 weeks, it seemed. But lately again they have stopped. Also, at times we got different coupons from each other.

Mike, would you please post Craig Fornell's email address?

Also, I just wrote a complaint letter to the Best Buy Chairman, Richard Schulze, over a return dispute. Wonder if I'll wind up back on the Preferred Customer list from that.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Mike,

Thanks for the address. I don't get your comment on the washing machine?

David,

I don't get your Leo comment?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David,
I don't get your Leo comment?
A few more clues:
  • It's a twister! It's a twister!
  • It looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...
  • IT'S COMING RIGHT AT US!!!
  • There is no parking in the white zone...
  • I am. And stop calling me "Shirley"!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike, Thanks for the address. I don't get your comment on the washing machine?
John: You're welcome for the address. Again, good luck! If you check post #60 of the thread, I tell the story that I have just bitten the bullet and gotten a BestBuy credit card because I needed to buy, of all things, a washing machine.
You got a BB credit card to buy a RPTV. Instead of my dream small widescreen Phillips, I'm getting a top-loading Maytag delivered next week. It's all about priorities, I guess. :frowning: At least that's what my wife keeps reminding me. Something about clean clothes being more important than high-def 16:9 movies. :D
Dave: I guess you and me have got to get better writers!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Mike, OK now it makes sense. Keep in there, you'll get the TV someday. :)
Dave, so you're talking about Airplane! You never know what you're gonna learn when you come to HTF.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Just thought I'd update.

Give you an idea of what kind of company Best Buy is, it is now a day over 2 weeks since I mailed a letter, (real letter, U.S. mail), to the CEO. So far I have not gotten any response.

Also, about the same time I sent in a request on their web-site to start getting preferred customer coupons again, nothing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi John! I guess you've started your own personal odyssey, eh? They start but with a single step.... :D
Good luck!
I have yet to hear when the next preferred customer weekend event is...but I can almost guess I won't be getting any coupons--even after all the e-mail correspondence, the purchase of a major appliance, AND getting a BB credit card.
I will, of course, report back any progress.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I just got the coupons for Preferred Customer Weekend Oct. 10-14...the first ones I've received in 2 years (other than two that came AFTER the weekend was over, thanks a lot, guys). I canceled my Best Buy credit card; maybe that prompted them to come back after me? Or maybe I just got myself onto another mailing list. Anyway, I'll use 'em. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
**fade up sound of Mike beating a dead horse**

Based on Mark's news of an October 10 - 14 Preferred Customer Weekend, I have again picked up my cyber pen to write my friend Craig--the BB Customer Service Guy:

Dear Craig Fornell:

It has come to my attention that BestBuy has declared October 10 through 14 as a Preferred Customer Weekend and has sent coupons through the mail to "preferred customers".

I have not received any such coupons despite your earlier e-mails (see below) saying I would be placed on your list.

Will I be getting any of these coupons? You have earlier responded that it would be "one or two mailings" before I would receive any of the coupons. I first wrote you in May asking if I could be placed on the list. Since we have last corresponded I have acquired a BestBuy credit card and purchased a new washing machine at your Albany, NY store.

Thank you.

Mike Frezon

**fades down sound of Mike beating a dead horse**

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You must admit it was kind of funny that those posts appeared back-to-back. :wink:
With that shiny new washing machine, perhaps Proctor & Gamble will add you to their preferred customer list for some detergent coupons. :D ...running away.....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With that shiny new washing machine, perhaps Proctor & Gamble will add you to their preferred customer list for some detergent coupons. ...running away.....
smiley_rotflmao.gif

Oh......my......gawd! You are killing me here! :D
Honestly, I'm beginning to think I might stand a better chance at those detergent coupons...... :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN MY "PERSONAL ODYSSEY"........
A quick review:
1. Mike wants coupons.
2. Mike registers at BB.com.
3. Mike engages (six months ago) with BB customer service to get on mailing list. He is promised that it will happen.
4. Mike gets BB credit card to purchase washing machine.
**drumroll begins**
And, now, six months later, there has been a development--which only serves to add more confusion to the situation--but, a pleasant development none-the-less:
On Saturday, October 5th, BestBuy Preferred Customer Weekend coupons were delivered to my house!! :D ...issued in my wife's name. :rolleyes:
**drumroll ends with a smack of the cymbals**
My wife. A woman who doesn't even like to go inside BestBuy when we head to the mall. She gets the coupons! Ah well. She turned them directly over to me! Now the planning begins.
...but I wonder if I'll ever get on the mailing list--as promised so long ago.
EDIT: BTW, my wife's name was not involved in any of my communications with BB, not was it included in the credit card application.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: It's a woman's world, Mike! My wife gets the coupons here, too! But at least she shops there!
Woo...you're killin' me here...
smiley_rotflmao.gif

Well, at least you got some...I haven't gotten any for this coming weekend. :frowning:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Great Mike, hopefully I'll get some soon. I emailed Craig again yesterday.

So, the Gods have conspired to make sure you get another appliance instead of a big widescreen TV. Refrigerator??

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On Saturday, October 5th, BestBuy Preferred Customer Weekend coupons were delivered to my house!! ...issued in my wife's name.

**drumroll ends with a smack of the cymbals**

My wife. A woman who doesn't even like to go inside BestBuy when we head to the mall. She gets the coupons! Ah well. She turned them directly over to me! Now the planning begins.
i was about to post the same thing.

my wife never goes in, she waits in the car no matter how long i am in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks