What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

Chris Clarno

Agent
Real Name
Christian
I got the coupons in Feb. but have not seen them for this weekend. Not a big deal since I'm not really in the market for anything today, but still, I think it's odd that they'd send you a coupon package one time , but not the next.

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
I think it pays to have a friend at BB. There is a salesperson there who often checks me out and has been known to out of the blue pull out a special card and swipe it and say something like, "You deserve a price match today" or something like that, and BINGO!, I get 25% off, like magic. When I ask why I get occasional discounts out of the blue he replys that I have been recognized as one of that particular stores best DVD buyers and they want to, "...keep me happy.". This guy even recognizes my wife when she is there without me and often does the same for her. So maybe that is how I got on the list. Also, I always purchase with a major credit card, though I do not own a BB card. Also, I have occ purchased TV's, etc. there and have bought extended service warranties(If the purchase is big enough, camcorder,etc.. Good luck getting on the list. PS: Back in the 70's I used to buy stuff from the Minneapolis based stores called, Sound of Music. I even had what they called a Gold Card that got me discounts on TDK and Maxwell cassettes. If I am not mistaken, that little group of stores became the behemoth called Best Buy. Boy, If I had just known that it would happen like that, I would have not bought all that stereo stuff and bought stock! Then today I'd sit idly around listening to tunes on my Mark Levinson gear and wondering how the "poor working people" are faring!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When I ask why I get occasional discounts out of the blue he replys that I have been recognized as one of that particular stores best DVD buyers and they want to, "...keep me happy.". This guy even recognizes my wife when she is there without me and often does the same for her.
Malcolm R! Is that you trying to tick me off?!?! :D
BillyH...consider yourself a lucky guy. I submit its a good idea for a store to make special allowances for "preferred customers". Sounds like you've got a good thing going. Hope your BestBuy doesn't move its managerial staff around too much!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For the record:

Mike Frezon (who is now reduced to speaking in the third person :b ) did NOT get Best Buy coupons for the weekend of August 8 - 10.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wow, wait till you see some of the names in this topic, anyway....

last couple of years I’ve been randomly getting $5 coupons inserted into my BB account.
A few months ago I used one to get the Spartacus steal for $5
Occasionally, like today I found nothing worth buying.

The movie section was sparse.
The entire total of discs on the shelf could have been consolidated into probably 2 or 3 units.

There was plenty of Disney movies mosltly Marvel that were sitting there at the
At $30 price point.

I wondered over to the tv section with the wall of TVs about 25% of them weren’t even turned on and there was no one back there.
Walked around for 15 minutes eyeballing those expensive items and not one person came over.
Even in the Magnolia room.

It was pretty crazy.
The isle were overly cluttered with stacks of bins full of leftover Black Friday junk.
Dozens of Black Friday TVs all over the store too.

A far cry from just a few years ago.
Best Buy must be selling something for them to be able to stay in business.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A far cry from just a few years ago.
Best Buy must be selling something for them to be able to stay in business.

And to be thriving if the the published numbers are correct. As I read the numbers, they had a $1B Profit in Months 1-9 this year (ending 10/30/2020) -- up 25% over 2019. They've had a very profitable bottom line since 2013, but this year has been a banner year for them.

YtY Net Earning for the 3 months ending 10/31 was +33% and +80% for the 3 months that ended 8/1. Whatever losses they took in the Feb- May1 period had been washed away and then a lot more. They even made a profit in their Q1 Feb-May though Net Earnings were 160M (down 40% compared to 2019). Major cut in employee costs and a massive surge in online orders as everyone set up home offices, online school, home networks, and general in-home entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks