What's new

My personal odyssey to get on the list for BestBuy Preferred Customer coupons. (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As some of you may know, I have been aggravated that I am not on BestBuy's list of "preferred customers" to receive their occasional coupons for DVDs and other items. After several discussions here on the HTF about this, unable to find a consensus about how to achieve the much-desired "preferred customer" status, it was suggested to me to contact the company directly and ask them. Here is my note:
Mike,
Thank you for contacting Best Buy about receiving the preferred customer
coupon. I'm Annelies with Customer Care.
We understand that not receiving any of these promotions can be difficult.
To accurately respond to your email, we have forwarded your message to the
Best Buy Consumer Relations department. Our Consumer Relations
Representatives are specially trained to resolve any questions or concerns
you may have about shopping at a Best Buy retail store along with many of
the services Best Buy offers. You may expect to receive a response from your
Consumer Relations Representative shortly.
Thank you for sharing your comments with Best Buy. Please do not hesitate to
contact us with additional questions or concerns.
Best wishes from Best Buy,
Annelies and the Customer Care Team
"We understand that not receiving any of these promotions can be difficult." Hmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:
I will report any new developments as events warrant. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, my heart is breaking Annelies. Why don't you love me?
I give you so much and you give nothing in return. :)
Well obviously you can't trust anyone named Annelies. Just break it down....Anne Lies! :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet it is the 'EENIE MEENIE MINIE MO' method. :D
People have been trying to find out the process for a while... I am pretty sure it is just at random with all the names that they have in a database
:)

I think I'm on the list, and I believe I know how I got on it.

I have only purchased one things at BB, and that was a camcorder. However, when I purchased that, I signed up for the BB credit card (to get the no interest special). When the salesman made the push for the card, he indicated that I'd be getting special offers and such.

So, if you don't have a BB credit card, maybe you should try that.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Have you ever returned anything to Best Buy? Whenever I return an item they make me fill out a form with my name and address. I've been getting the coupons for years without ever having a Best Buy credit card.

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Mike:

I can empathize with you 100%. I've done everything possible to try to get on the "coupon list." I've been shopping at BB for several years, I've returned items and I even have a BB credit card with the maximum limit. I've never received one coupon in the mail to this date. I called their customer service department, threatened to cancel my BB credit card (that really stirred them up) and they assured me I would be getting coupons and supposedly put me on their preferred customer list. That was almost a year ago. Still no coupons.

Now when I read about a coupon weekend here, I simply go to BB, get my dvds and go directly to customer service, tell them I'm aware of the coupon weekend and DEMAND the discount! I usually get some wise ass idiot who refuses to give it to me and I demand to speak to a manager. One of the managers comes over and pulls out a crumpled coupon from behind the counter, swipes it and applies it to my purchase. I know this is really a hassle and it does raise my blood pressure quite a bit but if I'm a preferred customer, have a BB credit card, spend mega bucks at this wretched store, then by God I'm going to get those discounts. It's ridiculous that I have to go through this BS but now it's the principle. I'm doing it again this weekend. By the way, I'm going to cancel my BB credit card. Why should I crowd my credit report with any more worthless credit cards.

Jeff

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I am going to try that method tomorrow :D
I have gotten the offers before, but not the last two times... go figure (and I don't have the BB Credit Card)

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Rob:

Let me know what happens. Just be firm and stand your ground. Tell them you're aware of the fact they're having a coupon weekend and you're one of their best customers. Evidently, having a BB credit card means nothing to them. Giving you a 10-20% discount on a couple of dvds once in a great while is the least they can do to show their appreciation. If they give you a problem, talk to the store manager or you'll take your business elsewhere. Do they really want to loose a good customer over a 10-20% discount off three dvds?

Jeff

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Now when I read about a coupon weekend here, I simply go to BB, get my dvds and go directly to customer service, tell them I'm aware of the coupon weekend and DEMAND the discount!
Wow, Jeff! :eek: Cool!
That's really good. I've been known to take that kind of action with a retailer. It just never occurred to me in this case. I just might give it a try sometime. Excelpt, I don't have the BB credit card. Maybe that's a good reason for you to keep yours?!
In the meantime, I naively thought I would be getting an e-mail from BB today. Nope! :rolleyes:We'll see what happens.
I've heard all the different speculation about having their credit card, or having returned something to them, or registering at their web site. And, for everyone who seems to know how they got on the list, there are ten people to say that must NOT be the way to get on the list.
That's why I have decided to go right to the horse's mouth...as it were.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I HAVE returned stuff,bought stuff,exchanged stuff, all with and without the use of a best buy CC. i have been getting the cuops for the last few years. but this time i did not.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
My wife gets them and I remember that there was a promotion a few years ago for their credit card and she got one then. Signing up got you on the preferred customer list. I have seen the same promotion since then. Evidently, you have to pick the right time to get a credit card.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know how to get back on the list. I received them for a while, but now I've not seen one in easily 6 months. :frowning:.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, the epic saga continues. Here is the latest dispatch from Best Buy which arrived in today's e-mail box.
Dear Mike Frezon,
Thank you for contacting Best Buy's Corporate Headquarters with your inquiry
about our Preferred Customer Weekend Events. Here in Consumer Relations we
are dedicated in providing outstanding customer service. Please allow me to
address your question.
I am very sorry that you have not been receiving our coupons. I will be
more than happy to submit a request on your behalf to have your name added
to our Preferred Customer list. Please reply to this e-mail and verify your
current mailing address and let me know which Best Buy store you normally
shop.
Thank you again for e-mailing. I will watch for your e-mail, Mike.
Respectfully,
Craig Fornell
CR Contact Center Representative
Best Buy Enterprise Customer Care
I will, of course, respond immediately and keep you folks abreast of my progress.
Wonder why they want to know what store I frequent? Especially since I told them in my original e-mail! :rolleyes
And he says he'll submit my request. I wonder if there's a lengthy interview process that follows? :D

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I have been getting the coupons regularly, and the only way they could have gotten my information was the application I filled out for a Best Buy credit card - and I wasn't even approved!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think a lot of it may be just using some kind of credit card - even a Visa - to make purchases.

I say this because I have always made small purchases at Best Buy and usually use my Visa card and I always get coupons from them and have been for years.

Also, part of it might just have to do with luck. It's quite possible there is no constant rhyme or reason and they pass these coupons out arbitrarily (to at least some degree - maybe they just take a certain percentage of credit card users).

James St

Supporting Actor
Not sure how I got on their list. I never filled out any application but I did always use my Visa to pay for things. I recieved coupons for the first time this week and used them all on Friday. My friend got the coupons too but he wasn't going to use the 10% off one so he gave it to me. I bought a digital camera, 3 dvd's, PS2 controller and a Monster HTS1000 Powerstrip. Even though these coupons saved me a nice chunk of change, my wallet is hurting after this week. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks