What's new

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"How much did you have to pay for the shipping and customs?
Did you have to pay any taxes? I'm just curious, as I may order something from SVS some time in the future..."

Umm...by the tenor of you post I gather you must live in another country...perhaps Canada?

Anyhow, the only additional expense related to the purchasing of the B4+ subs was the shipping, which to Southern California amounted to $480 Dollars or there abouts (by truck since the crates totals 720 Lbs.! No UPS or FedEx driver would wish to deal with such massive weight, so trucking it is! :D )...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
The funniest thing just happened at AVS...

I just got through replying to a poster when my thread about the B4+s disappeared! It got dumped!!
The thread was fast approaching 2K "hits" (quite a feat for that Speakers Forum).
The funny thing is that in none of my posts did anybody's choice of subs were attacked by yours truly--or anybody else, for that matter--particularly when subjective opinions did not enter the equation as the B4+s have not even been connected to an amp yet!
I guess my stuff was no more than just "a happy customer's testimonial." Oh, well...

I'll be keeping an eye on another thread there--about Albert Von Schwieckert's (and I personally know the dude) "VR" loudspeakers--and see if that too suffers the same fate (talking about happy customer's testimonials! :eek: ).

Am still wondering why is it that some folks get all crossed when they encounter the words SVS subs. Umm...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I just got through replying to a poster when my thread about the B4+s disappeared! It got dumped!!

You can't be serious Frank! But then I know you are. CRIMEANNIE!

BrianKR

Second Unit

That is just simply pathetic. :thumbsdown:
They should be :b of themselves

Frank,
do you have pics of your entire setup yet?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Why is that Craig?

I know that SVS is a sponsor here (HTF). HSU subwoofers is a sponsor over at AVS. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Did they also delete the SVS information and help thread over there? I subscribed to it, just did a search on it, and couldn't find it! It was one of the longest ongoing threads that they had!

Strange....

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
With these two companies (SVS and AV123), everytime anybody posts, the thread gets deleted... I will not post on AVS any longer... It is SO skewed towards a few companies... As to WHY ? I am pretty certain it has to do with the on line success of these two companies.

Simply put, Bott now has a conflict of interest... a so-called "open" forum that he is using to further the lines he profits from...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Of the three main HT forums I visit this is by far the best. There are so many things wrong with AVS, I won't bother to name them. However, it's not all bad, as I do find some useful info there.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the conflict of interest. That has been painfully obvious over there for a quite a while. Not nearly as open over there as here. HTF has sponsors, but HTF does not actually sell merchandise like AVS does, and it CLEARLY shows.

However, to say that everytime someone posts about SVS the thread is "pulled" is obviously an overstatement. There are still numerous SVS threads on AVS forum. However, I still can't believe that they apparently removed the SVS support thread! :crazy:

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"If you are SVS or AV123, you can consider yourself on the Bott Blacklist...."

This seems to be true...but could be because AVS now hosts Velodyne? Umm...I wonder... :wink:

-THTS

"hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"You can't be serious Frank!"

Steve,

I never, never kid around when it comes to discussing subwoofers, damn it!... :D :laugh: :wink: :)

-THTS

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Ok... Everytime is not the correct word. I forgot how people love to nit-pick on these forums. In the first 100 threads on AVS, there is now ONE SVS thread... a guy in Atlanta asking for a demo. There have been ZERO responses.

NOW...let a real conversation start about SVS, and it WILL be deleted...

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Simply put, Bott now has a conflict of interest... a so-called "open" forum that he is using to further the lines he profits from..."

And to think that I got suckered into one of their so-called "power buys" (boy, talking about building excitement about damned video or audio components! :eek: ) when I first joined AVS in 1999 (was a multi-thousand Dollar affair).
Have purchased other stuff there as well, but only because I saw an opportunity to get them relatively cheap (like the Lexicon updating Dolby DD/DTS chips, remote control, etc. for the Lexi DC-1 Version 4.0 pre/pro, gotten for a fraction of the original price).

Anyway, Dave knows me well enough to know I don't disparage anybody or criticize their choice of gear...except some of them elitist audio high-enders who shun the little guy (like me! :D ), and knows my "reputation" due to my work as a budding (wannabe, actually :D ) film "reviewer" (on DVD or HD tape) of classic widescreen and not so widescreen epics of the golden age of cinema fairly well too, so is not like I was an stranger who just got off the boat.

Oh, well...life is too short to be f.....g around with such trivial matters... :rolleyes

-THTS

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Craig, I didn't mean to come off as nitpicking....

Actually, after taking a closer look, I tend to agree with you even more. There is only ONE post on SVS subwoofers out of the first 6 pages over there! Unreal!

And they really did delete the SVS support thread!

And in a case of ultra irony, I read this over at AVS:

:laugh:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Rob- We are cool... it seems nit-picking is a forum habit..not you personally... but thanks for checking and seeing for yourself...

The quote you posted was in regards to Nicholas R, when he said he hates SVS, and called SVS owners a "rabid pack".... yes, it got whacked here... and Nicholas R (Nightrain on AVS) is done from there, too... Nice catch !

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank,
do you have pics of your entire setup yet?"

Brian,

Not yet, my friend...but hope to do it very soon.

I know this must sound like am coping out with what may look as mere excuses...but believe me that all of my awake time is being practically consumed by a lot of work, work which is due mainly to a temporary manpower shortage as well as the current heat wave we're experiencing in So. Cal--this one is really kicking our royal butts! :eek:

Btw, I've been able to do a few of these posts at work, but only post when I can sneak a laptop PC from the test techs. Otherwise I do it late in night/early morning...just before I hit the sack...or even before I leave for work (early swings this week)... :)

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
By the way, folks...wanna have a bit of fun? Well, just go to the Film-Tech.com site...click on "ENTER" as soon as you access the site...select "pictures" from the left vertical listing as soon as the page changes...then select Brad Miller's thread as soon as the page changes again.

Check his THEATRE set up (pay particular attention to the sound system): is simply glorious...far out...radical... fabulous...fantastic...stupendous...magnificent... to die for!...but very costly too... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks