What's new

My New SVS Twins Have Arrived!... (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Frank definitely has pent up bass issuses...

I like that Geoff.

Although Frank is a stand-up guy this is what happens when we start skipping meetings. Denial is the first symptom to set in. If the meetings aren't attended right away then be assured dual something or another is right around the corner. Strong bass is powerful, baffling and cunning. Frank just plumb said I quit! I'm not fighting it any more. Hence the dual FOURS have landed.

Just one more sub please:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

SVSophilia!... >> Eighteen 12" drivers will be the cure- all. Your just about there Frank. Two to go and it's all down hill.

A former member off BassAholics

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Frank definitely has pent up bass issuses...

I like that Geoff.

Although Frank is a stand-up guy this is what happens when we start skipping meetings. Denial is the first symptom to set in. If the meetings aren't attended right away then be assured dual something or another is right around the corner. Strong bass is powerful, baffling and cunning. Frank just plumb said I quit! I'm not fighting it any more. Hence the dual FOURS have landed.

Just one more sub please:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

SVSophilia!... >> Eighteen 12" drivers will be the cure- all. Your just about there Frank. Two to go and it's all down hill.

A former member off BassAholics

Dwayne-S

Agent
Frank do you have a B&K sound meter or other non rat shack unit to measure the output? You should be hitting close to 140 db.

Dwayne-S

Agent
Frank do you have a B&K sound meter or other non rat shack unit to measure the output? You should be hitting close to 140 db.

ChuckRG

Agent
Frank:

I have two B4's and for a while also had dual PB2+s (a total of 12 12inch drivers). And I used digital room correction to insure that they were all flat and phase correct.

It wasn't boomy (due to room correction), and the amplitude was correct but (a) actually caused the walls and ceiling to flex WAY TOO much (b) I have a 200 pound 9 inch CRT PJ over my head (c)the dual B4's actually sounded better by themselves than all four together(I am only in 3500 cubic feet. Therefore I am now just using the B4's and couldn't be happier.

However, if you can get them all to work together, it could be amazing.

ChuckRG

Agent
Frank:

I have two B4's and for a while also had dual PB2+s (a total of 12 12inch drivers). And I used digital room correction to insure that they were all flat and phase correct.

It wasn't boomy (due to room correction), and the amplitude was correct but (a) actually caused the walls and ceiling to flex WAY TOO much (b) I have a 200 pound 9 inch CRT PJ over my head (c)the dual B4's actually sounded better by themselves than all four together(I am only in 3500 cubic feet. Therefore I am now just using the B4's and couldn't be happier.

However, if you can get them all to work together, it could be amazing.

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi ChuckRG,

Long time since we talk hope is all well. I would like to co-sign on what Chuck said. I have heard his system after he sold the PB2+'s and seperated his B4's. They do sound incredible! The man has more clean headroom then any HT i have been in, and his system never sounding over the top just balanced and poweful!

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi ChuckRG,

Long time since we talk hope is all well. I would like to co-sign on what Chuck said. I have heard his system after he sold the PB2+'s and seperated his B4's. They do sound incredible! The man has more clean headroom then any HT i have been in, and his system never sounding over the top just balanced and poweful!

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Pictures are a requirement of the crates, on getting them into the house and then the set up. After that the large whole in the side of your house..the cracked foundation...the blown out windows...and the lack of bugs in the neighborhood."

You ain't leaving anything out, are you Parker? :D

"I thought my GOD a B4+ has got to be THE sub to have. And you my friend went and proved me wrong with getting a B8+."

:D :D

"You definitely need to let us know what type of dBs you hit at reference with this puppies."

Sure...so long as I can take 'em with my cheap Rat Shack meter... :)

"Next up. An Outlaw 790 300 watts X 7 that will is set up be bridged mono into each of them."

Nope...next up Crown K2s...sometime in the future... :)

"You are really trying to get Califonia into the Pacific that much sooner aren't you."

:D :D :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"How long has the physc ward known you were missing..."

shh...don't let Patton Hospital I scaped from the ward!... :crazy:

"Sick, absoulty sick..."

:D :D :D

"Just can't fathom the need for that much woofage, some nice headroom yes, but 8 tubes and two B-4's... (Sixteen 12"-long throw drivers & lord only knows how much power on tap), oh yah you need help my friend...
Help, yes, help carrying a few of them to my place!"

Com' on over!...

"Congrats on officaly reaching the rare classification of ~{certifiably BASS insane}~..."

Thank you, thank you!...

"All kidding aside, I really do think your border line nuts!"

Just borderline?... :laugh:

"But, I'd like to someday be that BASS wacked, cause my three DIY-12's and their 1000 watts seem {~oh so very very wimmpy now}~!"

That's a good start, Geoff!... :)

-THTS

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Wow congrats.... I can't imagine what dual PB4's would do in a room that sized. Mine is just a bit bigger and I got the PB2+ from which before I had two large NHT's. The SVS blew them away of course and now they are gone. I have debated getting another PB2 or selling mine and moving up to the PBe4 not because my room needs it, Im just in upgradeitis mode I guess. I have two kids, one just started college and the other starts in a year so I have alot of financial work to do first. Again congrats and we Definantly want pictures and comments....
Mike

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
Frank,

Do I have this straight ? Your not replacing the 8 cylinders, your ADDING a pair of B4's and running all of it at once ?

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Do I have this straight? Your not replacing the 8 cylinders, your ADDING a pair of B4's and running all of it at once?"

Yep...you've got it straight: I ain't replacing the 8 tubes; am ADDING B4+ twins... :D

I know that some folks consider it to be an insurmountable task...but the main trust behind my buying the B4+s is to attempt running all subs "at once." Of course, it remains to be seen (heard) what the results will be.

Gotta' remember that there are a lot of folks, "bass heads" as they're also known, who utilize several drivers in unison to reproduce the same infrabass frequencies; the "Twelve Dancing Shibas" is but one sample of the existence of such outstanding and radically different subbass systems.
Those systems are DIY, however; I chose the commercial route...

-THTS

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank, what kind of sound system do you have in your car?"

What car? I had to pawn it so I could buy the B4+ twins!... :D

-THTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks