What's new

My new SVS PB 12 Plus/2-Subwoofer Heaven! (1 Viewer)

mitch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mitchell Miles
Hi All,

I received my SVS PB 12 Plus/2 yesterday afternoon. The much anticipated "monster woofer" came via PittOhio trucking from the local terminal here in central NJ to my home. If anyone else is lucky enough to get a great driver like I had, consider yourself very fortunate as he was more than helpful in helping me get this baby into my home and downstairs to my finished basement where my home theater is located. It was not an easy task as it weighs about 150 pounds! But we did it without any problems or injuries [thank God!]. This thing is built like a brick! Very solid and sturdy.

Well let me tell you, I've been involved with stereo systems and home theater systems for quite some time and I'm completely blown away. I've owned Velodyne, Snell and others, but nothing comes close to this sub.

Once I conviced my wife that I just purchased the best subwoofer for the price in history [and I also gave her an SVS shirt that I bought along with the sub order], I retreated downstairs to play. I set everything up pretty much the way the SVS manual tells you to. I also set the low pass filter down to 20 Hz and closed one of the ports on the advice from Eric at SVS.
I used the Audyssey settings on my Integra DTR-7.8 reciever initially to see how that sounded.

Then the fun began! I popped in a few DTS demo discs that I have into my Tosh A2 [one with Titanic, Dragonheart, Apollo 13,, etc] and Hoy Cow!
The bass was super tight and very accurate. The sub blends in very well with the rest of my speaker array Snell E.5's, Cr.5, and SR5's. The basement [and certainly the rest of the house] shook from the infrasonics of the sub. But it was extremely clean subsonics, no audible harsh distortion. Truly amazing!

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you on the forum that helped me spend my money. It was a very worthwhile purchase and a significant improvement and addition to my home theater.

I also want to thank Eric over at SVS for all of his help and patience answering all of my questions. The customer service at SVS is amazing.

If anyone else is thinking about a new sub in this price range, don't think twice. It's well worth the money at twice the price.

Mitch

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Glad you're happy Mitch. It is an impressive piece of equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks