What's new

My new Pioneer Elite SC-05 review (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
ab5b91bb_IMG_1810.jpeg

My Pioneer Elite SC05 7.1 Receiver
66a66fc8_IMG_1983.jpeg

85ff15a0_IMG_1977.jpeg

So far everything is great with my SC05. The only thing I am not crazy about is playing MP3's through it! I could hook up a Ethernet cable to stream music from my pc but I am debating if I am going to do this or not?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone had issues playing music off a usb flash drive on the SC-05? I have played music on 3-4 different occasions and now after I deleted music from the drive and placed different music on it. I can not get the music to play doing the same thing I have done before. I do not even see USB selection that I can swear I saw before, this is slightly frustrating! Is it possible I deleted a necessary file on the usb drive even though only music was highlighted and deleted?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Problem solved about 4 days after I posted. Funny how simple it was, basically formating the flash drive did the trick. :rolleyes:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So far I am very happy with my Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver and am looking forward to upgrading my center channel and rear channel speakers in the near future. Both music and movies sound great and it is just a shame that high resolution music never took off and that the average consumer has trapped us into freakin MP'3s for now!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Glad to hear you're happy with the 05 Dave. I went to the california Audio Show in S.S.F. a few weeks ago and stumbled accross Burwell and Sons speakers. They had one of the best sounding speakers I heard while I was there. Paterned after the old AR horn speakers like the ones you have they were pretty remarkable. The Horns were hand-made from Walnut. http://www.burwellspeakers.com/#!products Maybe they can be of some help with your center channel. Probably mucho $$$ though.
Last Saturday I sold my set of Revel Concerto's and the guy who bought them used music off his phone to audition them. I never heard such nice speakers sound so bad. If he had let me play some of my DVD-Audio discs I probably could have charged more for the speakers because they would have sounded so much better. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks