What's new

My new dedicated Home Theater ! (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
Absolutely beautiful. You have done one hell of a job, it looks fantastic.

I can't wait till I have a better room for my home theater.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,Chris and Jerome
Thanks for the kind words ! I have had the Den forever and never considered it.We were going to build out the attic and but it was cost prohibitive !

So the Den became the theater and we really enjoy it !
Parker I will update my pictures in the gallery and link to them there. Johnathan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Johnathan, very nice home theater! I love the little concession stand. ;)

Oh, and the 119 inch screen is nice as well! ;) ;) :)

ry

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
RyanAn
Thanks for looking and taking the time to post ! I love the theater and really can't find much fault with it at all. The JVC and HD material really make it a pleasure.

The 119" is about as big as I can fit in the room and it work well. In the HT seating on the riser the picture is very life like .Sitting in the front row is fun from time to time . A clean image but I really like the new berkline seating. Both front and rear have Butt Kicker transducers installed. Highly recommended. Johnathan

JJMJ71

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JJ
Johnathon,

Everything looks really great, your HT build looks outstanding!:emoji_thumbsup:

I am getting ready to start back into my HT room, I am finishing the whole basement and needed to finish off the office first so my wife can scrapbook. Actually the real reason is to keep her happy when I start spending money on equipment. :D

I like to see great HT rooms like yours that are done by the owners, it gives people like me the inspiration to do it ourselves.

Again CONGRATULATIONS on the your HT room build!!

Bill Marsh

Agent
Very nice----the colour combo and the fabric creates a very warm atmosphere.

I have the Denon 3803 myself and love it----you must be using the pre-outs for Hd audio----since I am thinking of going Hd-----on the reciever what do you select----Dolby pro II?---to get lossless audio. Or is there an external
circuit that just passes through like EXT|In?

Nice job--Bill

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Is that room seriously only 16'6"? It looks much longer.

I ask because the basement room that I am planning on converting into an HT is also 16' x 13', and it does not look nearly as big.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Thank all of you for posting and the compliments !

JJMJ71
Good luck on your build ! Taking care of the wife first makes good sense ! It really helps if she enjoys HT as a family hobby !

Bill
You got it Ext In works great with True HD into the analog connections.

Ennsio
Yes it is 16'6" long and 13'3" wide. Using a couch in the front row really saves a lot of space ! In the recline position there is just 10" between the foot rest and the back of the couch.Just enough to pass by. The theater recliners up a lot of depth. Johnathan

Mwalt.ulte

Auditioning
Real Name
Walt
new here --->
Jon looks awesome... The colors in the room really go well together great job!

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Mwalt and Louie
Thanks you. I bought the curtain panels from Bed ,Bath and Beyond. I just bought an extra gold and black one for a couple of the acoustic panels .

The paint is from Home Depot called Calm Matter almost olive drab if you will.The ceiling is interior flat black over acoustic "pop corn" plaster. I just took a chance and shot it with my high pressure sprayer. It covered nicely.

The carpet is from home depot also. Johnathan

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Jon - simply spectacular work. Right now my wife and I live in Manhattan - but that won't be forever. Your home theater (everything about it - the colors, patterns, clean lines, etc) is the kind of thing I can show my wife to inspire her to say "yes" to our own home theater in the future.

Congrats and enjoy!

Cheers,

Jason

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Jason
Thank you for the kind remarks.Having your wife in agreement and on your side is a must for the success of your build.You could even apply that to your whole life. I have been married to a wonderful supportive one of a kind woman for 21 years now and she loves our theater !

She tells me how impressed she is with it and me.It really makes it all worth while by sharing this as a family hobby. Johnathan

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
Thought I might add a few updated pictures.I got a theater plaque for the front wall. Also a garage sale coffee table that I painted black. And last but not least some wall art from Bed,bath and beyond that I painted black.

Oh almost forgot to mention that I upgraded my receiver to the Onkyo 805 .It is 7.1 THX rated and really sounds great. Johnathan

joseph westcott

Second Unit
Nice touches! Your color scheme reminds me of my living room!!!

Have you had any of the popping issues when changing component selections? Just curious. I have heard of some that have on the early models.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
pricech4
Thanks for looking and the compliment !
Joseph
I did have some popping in the rear channels only when starting a movie or going to the menu on disk. Now it is either gone or I don't notice it. It was only one or two pops but not louder than the volume setting if that make sense ?

I think the clicking that you read about is during an input change but that is localized to the receiver it self and not the speakers. My receiver is in a closed equipment closet and that doesn't bother me.

The over all sound with the Oknyo is much more detailed and the sound field is amazing over my old Denon . Johnathan

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Very very nice!:emoji_thumbsup: Your room has the eloquence mine lacks. I also have no [nor completely understand the need for] bass traps. Thinking about adding the butt kickers though.

Gunny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks