What's new

My Name is Earl (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Earl gave the donuts to his brother who was next in line. Doesn't that count?

"Where I come from, we have these things called 'banks.'"

Beau

Supporting Actor
Caught the recent episode tongiht, loved that music that was also in Happy Gilmore. This is a really great show so far. Hope it can go one for a while.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Caught the marathon on NBC today, never saw it before tonight. Excellent stuff - nice to see Jason Lee in a good role again. I'm definetly adding this show to my PVR.

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else have trouble watching ep1? Very strange - it looked like the red layer was shifted over to the right about 1/5 of the screen. Lots of drops, then the channel went completely blank.

Scared the bejeepers out of me, I was sure it was my new Sammy 6168 committing early suicide. But, every other channel was perfect. Time Warner Austin maybe having some problem?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I guess I was lucky enough to have recorded the first 3 episodes before starting to watch the show. The pilot was a bit slow and I could see how some might have been turned off right away, but since the pilot was the setup for the entire series, things quickly got off to a great start by the 2nd episode. By the third episode, I was salivating for MORE!

Anyways, I absolutely LOVE this show! And that's a rarity for me since I tend to hate most TV shows.It's funny you say that, because that's how I explained this show to a friend. It definitely has that kind of tone to it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wendy_L, what's wrong with finding Catalina hot? Isn't that kind of the point of her character??? :confused:
:D

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I loved Joy's reaction when Randy let "slip" that the lottery money was still in the impounded car, but what did Joy say after she fell while rushing out the door? I could not make it out.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Alan, When Joy fell she said something to the effect of -

'Ohhh.. I busted open my rug burns.'

I really love everything about this show, and agree with others that it does feel like Raising Arizona with its wildly comic characters. One other thing I'll comment on is how well suited the music has been to date. The use of E.L.O. and Lynyrd Skynyrd in the last two episodes has been just about perfect in terms of matching music and mood.

- Walter.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Mark,
don't mind Wendy, she likes to bust my balls about things like that, you just have to know her to understand. :D

Wendy,
if you read this, get better fast, baby. :frowning: :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, it wasn't as good as last week I thought, but it had its moments. I really got a kick out of Randy's explaining why it was better to be alive than dead.

It was the first episode that Joy did not appear in, unless I really spaced out.

Nothing that really required him to spend any of his $100,000 either.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had a good time with tonight's episode, lots of LOL moments for me, mainly with Randy's bits and and Dax brought some of the funny.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Randy's definitely turning into a definable character. I'm amused to no end by his rants about obvious shit that happen while he's utterly oblivious of what's going on around him.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I really like Catalina's role in the show. They didn't go for the typical "bombshell/bimbo" type. She seems to be the glue (and brains) that holds the show together. I loved that too! :D

As was mentioned before, the music cues definitely make the show great. In thinking ahead to the DVD release, hopefully they can get the rights because those moments wouldn't be as great with different music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks