What's new

My Name Is Earl season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Close your eyes when she talks, and then just listen to how she delivers her lines (of longer than a sentence or two).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Interesting - I thought the animation was a bit of a let down...a bit too gimmicky for my tastes.

All I kept thinking was "Oh no, is this where the show jumps the shark???" - I don't think it is, but that animation really got me worried.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wow, i'm surprised to learn of your reaction, Mark, that animation was the funniest damned thing i've seen on the show this season IMO and yes, in case your wondering I even found Catalina hot in claymation form. ;)

That whole ep was brilliant IMO, one of the best eps of the season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also liked Crabman's hair moving around, it reminded me of Medusa in Clash of the Titans lol.

I just loved the whole message in this ep and the way Christian Slater explained it was pretty profound in an ex-stoner turned hippie evironmentalist sort of way lol.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Speaking of jiggling, they also brought back the meta-dialog in Spanish with this episode. Catalina's animated self says something about how she was cleaning, but since this animation is so expensive, wouldn't you rather see her dancing.

Regards,

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Claymation Joy was really funny. Not just the jiggly boobs but the expression on her face too.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Great article!See, I knew there was a reason why the animation sequences ruined the 'feel' of the episode for me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Who cares what the motive was behind it, it was funny and funny is funny and on this show the animation sequences fit like a glove.

On any other show i'd be willing to say that yes it felt off but this was classic Earl, I would even go so far as to say it was one of the best eps of the series thus far. A positive message, Christian Slater who always makes me laugh merely by appearing onscreen and one hilarious claymation sequence made for great comedy, to me anyway.

It reminded me of that episode of Home Improvement when Tim had the dream that everyone was a marionette lol.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
because for me, it strayed from the feel of the show. For me, it stuck out and I could tell that it was probably the idea of an exec.

Agaon, for me it just screamed "Sweeps" which threw me out of the show.

p.s. I wonder how they are going to handle the pregnancy of Jaime Pressly?

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My gawd!!! Someone get me a screencap of Catalina in the stripper outfit when the cops pulled her over!!!!

Another winning episode. It looks like they are on their way to explain Pressly's pregnancy.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know! That was what they should have done for Sweeps week instead of the animated stuff. :D

and this episode may have answered my question about Jamie being pregnant - Her "I don't use birth control!" line ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks