What's new

My Mother The Car: Coming from TGG (1 Viewer)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
TGG seems to be branching out...I saw 20-episode collections of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction in the Walmart discount bin today, and the sets were credited to TGG Direct.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
FanCollector said:
TGG seems to be branching out...I saw 20-episode collections of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction in the Walmart discount bin today, and the sets were credited to TGG Direct.
They have to be those public domain episodes that have been released everywhere left and right by various indie companies.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
oldtvshowbuff said:
They have to be those public domain episodes that have been released everywhere left and right by various indie companies.
They are

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Neil Brock said:
Love Accidental Family plus I'm a big Lois Nettleton fan. That was where I first became aware of her. Produced by Sheldon Leonard and NBC so not sure who would actually control it these days. Hopefully not Leonard's son as he is rich as Rockefeller and would not have any interest in bothering with something so minor. If its NBC Universal, probably still not much of chance, but slightly more of one.
Lois Nettleton is a highly underrated actress. I particularly loved her roles in Then Came Bronson, The Interns, The Outsider and the two episodes of Dr. Kildare she guest starred in. I seem to recall Lois was also in an episode of East Side / West side also. Of the shows that you can get officially, you can't go past her classic role in the TZ "Midnight Sun" and the 3 Route 66 episodes. Can't wait to pick up the Naked City set too!

Yes, would also like to see Accidental family released but agree chances seem very slim. Also would love to see He and She, Love On A Rooftop, Second Hundred Years, The Good Guys and Occassional Wife. Not asking much, huh? :rolleyes:

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
PatrickGoodluck said:
Lois Nettleton is a highly underrated actress. I particularly loved her roles in Then Came Bronson, The Interns, The Outsider and the two episodes of Dr. Kildare she guest starred in. I seem to recall Lois was also in an episode of East Side / West side also. Of the shows that you can get officially, you can't go past her classic role in the TZ "Midnight Sun" and the 3 Route 66 episodes. Can't wait to pick up the Naked City set too!

Yes, would also like to see Accidental family released but agree chances seem very slim. Also would love to see He and She, Love On A Rooftop, Second Hundred Years, The Good Guys and Occassional Wife. Not asking much, huh? :rolleyes:
I have long been waiting for He and She myself. I'm a big Jack Cassidy fan. I don't know the rights situation with this one, but I'm guessing we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
PatrickGoodluck said:

A very underrated beauty who had an uncanny ability to always look a decade younger than she actually was. I was shocked to learn she was 35 when she did her TZ episode!

Also in two (maybe 3) "Fugitive" episodes. "Man On A String" is the best of the lot.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Addendum about Lois Nettleton. Those who enjoy her work owe it to get the new "FBI" release. The episode "The Innocents" has one of her best performances I've ever seen.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
According to Amazon.com TGG Direct will release My Mother the Car: The Series on November 12th for $24.96.

mymotherthecar.jpg

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I just placed my pre-order. I actually have fond memories of this show. We'll see how it holds up. While no classic, it's not near as bad as it's reputation would indicate.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for posting the cover art. This cover art is rather poor and not very appealing or eye catching. It looks like it has been photo shopped. It also says Miss Ann Sothern?

Still I am really happy to see this and I will be buying this for sure.
Justin Ray said:
According to Amazon.com TGG Direct will release My Mother the Car: The Series on November 12th for $24.96.

attachicon.gif
mymotherthecar.jpg

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
If the list of episodes included in this set is accurate at amazon, and the list of episodes that aired on Wikipedia is accurate, then this set will be missing an episode. Apparently that's why it's being called My Mother The Car The Series, instead of My Mother The Car The Complete Series.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
While I don't know for sure it appears to me that the Amazon listing is possibly incorrect. There were 30 episodes of the series. There are 5 disks with all disks but #2 having 6 episodes. The episode missing from that disk listing is "My Son, the Ventriloquist" which aired just before the very similar sounding episode, "My Son, The Judge." I can see how someone typing a list could easily skip that one. Plus you would think they'd put the disk with only 5 episodes as the *last* disk if a single episode were left off. Plus *all* episodes except the *last* one ("Desperate Minutes") are currently available for free streaming at IMDB (from Hulu). If it's available for free streaming you'd think it'll also be on the set.

Plus the episode listing is in the "Editorial Review" section which is a regular spot for mis-information about many products.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
BobO'Link said:
While I don't know for sure it appears to me that the Amazon listing is possibly incorrect. There were 30 episodes of the series. There are 5 disks with all disks but #2 having 6 episodes. The episode missing from that disk listing is "My Son, the Ventriloquist" which aired just before the very similar sounding episode, "My Son, The Judge." I can see how someone typing a list could easily skip that one. Plus you would think they'd put the disk with only 5 episodes as the *last* disk if a single episode were left off. Plus *all* episodes except the *last* one ("Desperate Minutes") are currently available for free streaming at IMDB (from Hulu). If it's available for free streaming you'd think it'll also be on the set.

Plus the episode listing is in the "Editorial Review" section which is a regular spot for mis-information about many products.
Possibly. Just seems strange to call it "The Series" instead of "The Complete Series" for a 1 season show.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Ed Lachmann said:
I'll certainly be picking it up since I remember enjoying that show back in the day. Also, I'd do it to support TGG, whose track record is pretty outstanding. Their wonderful SEA HUNT box sets have been a joy to watch. Wonder what else they might come up with. I'd sure love a couple (or all) of the seasons of BACHELOR FATHER and PEOPLE'S CHOICE. I'd spring for the much maligned IT'S ABOUT TIME, also. But, the one I'd love the most and REALLY get excited about would be ADVENTURES IN PARADISE. Perhaps many of these shows were outlandish, but compared to the cookie cutter, God awful crime shows with cloying electronic music all over them and interchangeable characters of today, they were Shakespeare!
I agree. I'll be buying MMTC, and I'd buy all of the other shows you mentioned if released - they are all on my list of shows I'd like to be released on DVD especially People's Choice.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I agree. I'll be buying MMTC, and I'd buy all of the other shows you mentioned if released - they are all on my list of shows I'd like to be released on DVD especially People's Choice.
If TGG is going to bring out "Bachelor Father", they would have to reach a licensing deal with NBC Universal for that show, but Antenna TV is only airing, 120 out of a total of 157 episodes, because of lost or damaged videotape transfers, due to the great Universal fire in 2008 and will be moved to an early morning time slot on weekdays at 5 a.m. eastern/4 a.m. central to make way for "The Patty Duke Show".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks