What's new

"My Living Doll"? (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Just watched the first episode. Considering it's 16mm source material it looks quite good, better than many 16mm prints I've seen in a Timeless set.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
rcbrad said:
Since volume I has been finalized, I have just read that it was discovered that the last 5 episodes have been sold by a film collector recently, and this is being looked into. There are some others too that have been found (just not clear on the number 1-3?) Those involved are hoping that the release of volume l would intensify the search and the fact that people will come forward with episodes that are still needed. This does seem to be the case.
Source?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
rcbrad said:
Since volume I has been finalized, I have just read that it was discovered that the last 5 episodes have been sold by a film collector recently, and this is being looked into. There are some others too that have been found (just not clear on the number 1-3?) Those involved are hoping that the release of volume l would intensify the search and the fact that people will come forward with episodes that are still needed. This does seem to be the case.
Don't be so secretive with where you got the information from. It's bad to act like an authority if you know very little about something.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by vnisanian2001 /t/260678/my-living-doll/90#post_3909061
Don't be so secretive with where you got the information from. It's bad to act like an authority if you know very little about something.
With all due respect I have to ask: "Who died and made you boss?" Don't you think it's going a bit far to rebuke someone in the manner you have? I can't speak for Rick and don't know where he obtained the info he shared. It may or may not be accurate. But I can speak to the issue of having to be quiet at times with information. Right now I'm sitting on some great future release news that I'd love to share, but I've been told to keep it quiet and that's just what I'm going to do. I'm not about to burn source bridges, and would never demand someone else give up their source if they didn't want to.

Gary "between this thread and the 'Time Compression' thread, you've come on a bit strong recently" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary, I agree. There are a couple of guys on this board, one that's emotional regarding the WBA topic ;), and this type of comment here that may affect others that might be inclined to particiapte on this forum, but who may abstain due to a couple of hall monitors that reside on this forum who post comments such as what we've seen recently in a couple of threads.
Regarding another "Timeless" comparison, well, we all have different opinions there ;)

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
With all due respect I have to ask: "Who died and made you boss?"  Don't you think it's going a bit far to rebuke someone in the manner you have?  I can't speak for Rick and don't know where he obtained the info he shared.  It may or may not be accurate.  But I can speak to the issue of having to be quiet at times with information.  Right now I'm sitting on some great future release news that I'd love to share, but I've been told to keep it quiet and that's just what I'm going to do.  I'm not about to burn source bridges, and would never demand someone else give up their source if they didn't want to.
Gary "between this thread and the 'Time Compression' thread, you've come on a bit strong recently" O.
Gary, I can assure you I am nothing like this outside of the Internet. But based on my experience on message boards, I have been known to come across people who act like they are an authority, or when they act like they know what goes on between the licensor and licensee. But in fact, they know very little. And I feel they don't have enough proof to back up what they are saying. Or maybe they do know what they are talking about, but for some reason, are afraid of disclosing the source.
Vahan "I just want the facts ma'am (or sir)" Nisanian

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
With all due respect I have to ask: "Who died and made you boss?"  Don't you think it's going a bit far to rebuke someone in the manner you have?  I can't speak for Rick and don't know where he obtained the info he shared.  It may or may not be accurate.  But I can speak to the issue of having to be quiet at times with information.  Right now I'm sitting on some great future release news that I'd love to share, but I've been told to keep it quiet and that's just what I'm going to do.  I'm not about to burn source bridges, and would never demand someone else give up their source if they didn't want to.
Gary, I for one, don't mind your teasers. On the contrary, I enjoy them because it tells me that the "powers that be" are still thinking about us classic TV-philes, and it encourages me to keep on my toes looking for everything I can find. You keep right on teasing us, it makes the "payoff" all the sweeter. :) I also understand the need for confidentiality, if you give up sources, then de facto, your teasers disappear too.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
vnisanian2001 said:
/t/260678/my-living-doll/90#post_3909132
Gary, I for one, don't mind your teasers. On the contrary, I enjoy them because it tells me that the "powers that be" are still thinking about us classic TV-philes, and it encourages me to keep on my toes looking for everything I can find. You keep right on teasing us, it makes the "payoff" all the sweeter. I also understand the need for confidentiality, if you give up sources, then de facto, your teasers disappear too.
I appreciate that Richard. I'd love to give some hints, but I've been asked not to at this time. If and/or when I'm given a green light, I'll be more than happy to give some hints. Until then I have to respect my contacts.

Gary "I think I'm safe in saying that Timeless has been, and will continue, to please fans of b/w classic TV in 2012" O.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick
Neil Brock said:
vnisanian2001 said:
vnisanian2001 said:
Gary, I can assure you I am nothing like this outside of the Internet. But based on my experience on message boards, I have been known to come across people who act like they are an authority, or when they act like they know what goes on between the licensor and licensee. But in fact, they know very little. And I feel they don't have enough proof to back up what they are saying. Or maybe they do know what they are talking about, but for some reason, are afraid of disclosing the source.
Vahan "I just want the facts ma'am (or sir)" Nisanian
I am almost sorry I took the time to post what I thought was good news and helpful. You've got it all wrong. I did not know that I had to provide a source? I was not trying to be secretive. I am not sure how you would figure that I know very little or a lot about the subject? I am not sure why you took me as acting like an authority on the subject? I just posted information in a matter of fact way in which I mentioned that it was something that I read. It's unpleasant to receive a response like this.
How about next time- Thanks for posting and this is great news, but where did you get the info from? (It's much more friendly, online or in person)
Just for the record:
The information came from a thread that was started by a worker at Jack Chertok television that has been active for 6 years.
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/showthread.php?t=177816&page=24

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
rcbrad said:
I am almost sorry I took the time to post what I thought was good news and helpful...
Don't be. I think most of us here appreciated the information and found it helpful. Your "I have just read" statement seemed to me to be enough. And... thanks for the link! There's some interesting reading there. :)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by rcbrad /t/260678/my-living-doll/90#post_3909350
I am almost sorry I took the time to post what I thought was good news and helpful. You've got it all wrong. I did not know that I had to provide a source? I was not trying to be secretive. I am not sure how you would figure that I know very little or a lot about the subject? I am not sure why you took me as acting like an authority on the subject? I just posted information in a matter of fact way in which I mentioned that it was something that I read. It's unpleasant to receive a response like this.
How about next time- Thanks for posting and this is great news, but where did you get the info from? (It's much more friendly, online or in person)
Just for the record:
The information came from a thread that was started by a worker at Jack Chertok television that has been active for 6 years.
You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about, Rick. Most of the people here at HTF are friendly and decent folk. Thanks again for the info, and take care.

Gary "I concur with Howie 100%" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
rcbrad said:
Yes, the same person who posted this on IMDB in 2006:
"That's not really going to be needed as we have almost all the shows in film form now.
Extra prints would be nice, but unless they are 35mm we are really covered."
And these quotes from the same person in 2006 on sitcomsonline:
"My Living Doll, Starring Julie Newmar.. Most of the key film elements have now been located, the show is about to be restored and put on a non bootleg DVD for the first time."
"The show is a present being put back together element by element. to make perfect hi def masters."
"Right now job one is to restore the full twenty six episodes into a set of perfect high def masters, once that is done, it will go to cable then DVD."
"while we are making every attempt to harvest the best source material possble for My Living Doll, we have had a recent problem with several segments. picture is fine but sound is sub-standard."
If you believe everything this guy posts on the internet, I have a couple of bridges I'd like to interest you in buying.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
Yes, the same person who posted this on IMDB in 2006:
"That's not really going to be needed as we have almost all the shows in film form now.
Extra prints would be nice, but unless they are 35mm we are really covered."
And these quotes from the same person in 2006 on sitcomsonline:
"My Living Doll, Starring Julie Newmar.. Most of the key film elements have now been located, the show is about to be restored and put on a non bootleg DVD for the first time."
"The show is a present being put back together element by element. to make perfect hi def masters."
"Right now job one is to restore the full twenty six episodes into a set of perfect high def masters, once that is done, it will go to cable then DVD."
"while we are making every attempt to harvest the best source material possble for My Living Doll, we have had a recent problem with several segments. picture is fine but sound is sub-standard."
If you believe everything this guy posts on the internet, I have a couple of bridges I'd like to interest you in buying.
This is confusing....:confused:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
DeWilson said:
This is confusing....:confused:
I'll elucidate it for you - the guy is not completely forthcoming with the truth and until you see it in front of you and are holding it in your hands, as with the 11 released episodes, be skeptical of anything you read.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Right now I'm sitting on some great future release news that I'd love to share, but I've been told to keep it quiet and that's just what I'm going to do.  I'm not about to burn source bridges, and would never demand someone else give up their source if they didn't want to.
Well, in terms of general fan interest, if you were to rank the excitement level of the information you have on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a single DVD of previously released Ann Romano/One Day at a Time Fan Favorites (plus a special montage of her correcting people's mispronounciation of Ms.) and 10 being a complete restored Batman on Blu and DVD with mega bonus features, where would your news fall?

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
JoeDoakes said:
a single DVD of previously released Ann Romano/One Day at a Time Fan Favorites (plus a special montage of her correcting people's mispronounciation of Ms.)
The fans have spoken! :D
95e49030_ann_romano_royer.jpeg

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes /t/260678/my-living-doll/90#post_3909522
Well, in terms of general fan interest, if you were to rank the excitement level of the information you have on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a single DVD of previously released Ann Romano/One Day at a Time Fan Favorites (plus a special montage of her correcting people's mispronounciation of Ms.) and 10 being a complete restored Batman on Blu and DVD with mega bonus features, where would your news fall?
Given those parameters, I'd rate my news as an 11. LOL, not really. The problem in rating what I know is coming down the pike is the phrase at the beginning of your question: "general fan interest." What I'm aware of is pretty darned exciting in my book. But I just don't know how to gauge it when considering general fan interest. If I can refine that a bit, and insert classic TV fan interest, especially classic fans on this board, I'd feel good about labeling the news I'm aware of at a 6 or 7. Certainly it's not Batman news, which I'm sure most would call a 10 on the scale of release news. But I think it's a nice mix of continuing vintage series, a release of a stalled out series, and some nice second tier stuff from the b/w era. And that's all I'll say for now.

Gary "hope fans of 'My Living Doll' will be pleased with the Volume 1 release" O.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
I'll elucidate it for you - the guy is not completely forthcoming with the truth and until you see it in front of you and are holding it in your hands, as with the 11 released episodes, be skeptical of anything you read.
I do wonder why he's been "playing" with the truth - all the conflicting information and such - wouldn't that actually hurt his "pet project"?

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Gary OS said:
     Quote:
Given those parameters, I'd rate my news as an 11.  LOL, not really.  The problem in rating what I know is coming down the pike is the phrase at the beginning of your question: "general fan interest."  What I'm aware of is pretty darned exciting in my book.  But I just don't know how to gauge it when considering general fan interest.  If I can refine that a bit, and insert classic TV fan interest, especially classic fans on this board, I'd feel good about labeling the news I'm aware of at a 6 or 7.  Certainly it's not Batman news, which I'm sure most would call a 10 on the scale of release news.  But I think it's a nice mix of continuing vintage series, a release of a stalled out series, and some nice second tier stuff from the b/w era.  And that's all I'll say for now.
Gary "hope fans of 'My Living Doll' will be pleased with the Volume 1 release" O.
Well, it all sounds like an 11 in my book! Can't wait to get more details when the time comes. Meanwhile, "My Living Doll" should be arriving any day now. That and "I'm Dickens, He's Fenster" are two shows I hadn't seen since their original network runs. Dickens holds up fairly well. I suspect MLD will be quite a relic. But hopefully a fun relic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks