What's new

My HT Plans - Drawing (1 Viewer)

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
Here is a drawing of what my plans are for my home theater. As of right now the room exists (drywalled in and painted, but repainting for HT), the wiring is in the walls for 7.1 Surround Sound, the blackout shades are installed, and the carpet is installed.

The seats shown in the picture are purely for illustration purposes. I suspect the HT seating I get will be a little smaller than the large recliners shown. The 3 seats in the back are a row of three airline seats and will be installed on a riser. (Mostly they are there for an interesting look. Seating will generally be only on the front row, although there may be exceptions.)

Projector will be ceiling mounted. I'm currently considering the BenQ8700+, but am open to suggestions.

I think we're going to start painting the room this weekend, and I'm going to start building my screen sometime in the next few weeks. I'm going to wait to buy the projector until I'm ready to use it (and until I'm ready to lay out the $$...), probably around February or so.

So... goal is theater finished with all except projector by end of 2004, and completed theater in early 2005.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated now so that I can avoid painful lessons others have learned. :)

marc

Stunt Coordinator
What program did you use to draw this up? Great drawing and setup.

Marc

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
Program? You don't believe I drew it by hand? :D

It was done using Microsoft Visio, which allows fairly accurate representation of plans and has the added feature of being relatively intuitive to use.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Very cool, Don. Looks like a great spot.

Tell us more about the home-made sconces.

Be sure to keep us up to date with pictures, if you can.

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty excited about the homemade sconces. Sadly, they only exist in my head right now. I'll post pictures when I get them built. At that time, I can also let you know how well vision translated into reality. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks