What's new

My Home Was Robbed! (1 Viewer)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
just curious...how does that work? Did the bounty hunter have to pay to get it out of the pawn shop?
Or do police return it to you as stolen no charge / pawn shop takes the loss?

Even though I checked pawn shops locally after my home theft (looking for some minor jewelry from Great Aunts which were sentimentally irreplaceable) I never found an item, but wondered if I would have to buy it back to get it if I did!

Congrats!

Blu

Screenwriter
My friend is friends with every pawn and junk shop in town. After the theft he put the word out (I do live in a small town) and a junk shop called him.

Since it was a junk shop and not under the laws that apply to a pawn shop they purchased the camera. He called me and told me he was going to pick up the camera and he was going to hold it for me at his office. He said that I wasn't obligated to pay them back since it was stolen property that they had purchased but it would be a nice gesture.

I gladly collected my camera from my friend and visited the junk shop to pay them for their 100 dollar loss and I gave them an extra 25 as a reward. Especially since they are going to identify the thief come Monday at the police station!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks