What's new

My Home Theatre - 12 Pictures (1 Viewer)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Ive just updated the pictures, look some better quality ones.

Cheers:)

Ahh the start of the weekend!

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
So would you keep the room setup the same way but with a projector screen? or set it up like cinema style, one behind each other?

BradPan

Auditioning
Hey Nick,

Nice setup for your room man. Where did you find the carpet that you have on the floor. Looks pretty cool and accents the room.

Brad

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
I Should be picking up my rear centre channel speaker today or tomorrow. YAY! 6.1 here I come!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Your room looks like it was out of a magazine. A front projector would fit in there nicely ;)

I changed the images to links for easier thread loading for dialup users.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Neil, thanks

Im picking up a AE500 with 100" Widescreen in 2 weeks its on order. They have been apparently selling like hotcakes!

Im now Dolby EX, picked up my rear centre.

I cannot wait for the projector, Ive got some things to do in the room however, Curtains need to have a thick undercoat, to stop the light coming through, Im going to be mounting the screen behind the curtains covering the window. Will be a space of 15"'s for window showing at the bottom, so what Im going to do is have a curtain flowing onto the ground, should give a nice effect. Also hiding some cables in the process.

Mark Amayao

Stunt Coordinator
Nick your room looks very very very clean and the addition of a projector would look amazing ...

I say you keep that shelf and add shelving.

Cant wait to see updates.

have you considered putting your tower speakers on some short stands to elevate them a little?

I found it gave me a more expansive surround field and opted not to go 6 or 7.1.

Again great looking room :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Mark: Thanks, Yes I will be keeping the shelving, Im trying to get some more shelves for it. I will be moving it to the left hand side of the screen and it will still keep all my components on it. At the back I will add some more shelves for DVD's.

I did think of putting the Rear speakers on stands, I think I still mite do that. However the fronts I will keep the way they are as I want them to sit under the screen instead of to the side of the screen.

Im just trying to figure out the height I should put the centre speaker at, should it be level with the fronts? or say in the centre (height wise)

I phoned the HT shop today, they said the 20th of this month they should have them in, however it will take a few weeks to get everything ready I still have to set it up then order the screen.

Ive just been looking at your page, you have 2 subwoofers? wow!

Must be interesting sound with a roof that is at an angle? Should force the sound to rap around more I would think.

Very nice:)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Nick,

Nice set up! I especially like the lighting. Nice photography, too!

I would agree with Dustin that imaging would be greatly improved if the L/R speakers were further apart. The rule of thumb – for regular stereo at least - is that the distance between them should be at least the same as the distance from your seat. You could probably get away with a little less than that if you system is dedicated to home theater.

Also I’d suggest getting the rear speakers off the floor, at least as high as ear level.

To clean up the wiring on the floor behind the equipment, you might look into getting some split-loom or some kind of sheathing.

Personally I’ve never heard a system set up like that that I liked. It sounds like everything is to the sides and in front, just as the placement indicates. To me it’s not “surround sound” – i.e., truly enveloping - unless the rears are a few feet behind the seating.

By the way, Nick, we aren’t supposed to include equipment lists in our signatures. You might want to change it before a Moderator notices. See #6 at this link, Forum Rules and FAQ.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,

Thanks for the information.

1.I am unable to move the front speakers and make them wider; with the current room layout the way it is by making the speakers wider apart this would mean the left front speaker will be blocked by the sofa. Also this would mean that the speakers would not directly flow onto the rug, giving a warmer sound. By changing the positions this would also mean that the room would no longer be centred it would be to one side.

2.Raising the rear speakers I think is a great idea, I¡¦m looking into getting some nice matching stands for them and think it will look great. Thanksƒº

3.I agree with your comment regarding rear speakers and behind. I have tried them in many different positions; and have found that with them behind the seating it gives a much more surround sound from any of the seating positions.

4.Cables Cables Cables, yes when I took the pictures I had just been playing around with them so yes they do look very messy; However I am going to be redoing them with my new Panasonic AE500 Projector, and will make them nice and neatļ

Thanks for your comments; I¡¦ve got a lot of work ahead of me with this new projector. Hope to have some input from you again when that is setup.

Cheers

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Nick,

That's a very nice looking setup you have there. I too am using Aarons, except i'm using ATS5s with a CC240 for the front stage. How are the ATS3s for rears? I don't have good rears yet (just crappy speakers), so i'm interested to know. I was thinking another set of ATS5s in teh back, but that may be overkill! :)

I also look forward to seeing your room once the projector is in. I'm looking at going FP in the not too distant future.

Congrats on the setup so far... It can only get better!

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Christian; Ahh cool another Aaron owner! Yes Ive found the ATS3's to be more the powerful for the rears. I agree ATS5's for the rear would be overkill.

Aaron recommend the ATS2's for rears. I was thinking of going for the ATS5's for fronts, but for me the diffrence couldn't justify the price; However they are a great speaker, too powerful for my needs :)

Yes at the moment Im choosing between a FP or a Widescreen TV. I think the FP would suit better, however the WTV more crystal clear.

Tuff choice.

Thanks again for the comments.

BTW: What amp to you have powering the Aarons?

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, i'm currently using a Sony STR-DB940 which works OK. I'll be upgrading to a Yamaha RX-V1400 sometime in the not too distant future. I'm looking forward to going back to a Yamaha!

I'll have to look into the ATS2s and 3s when the time comes to get decent rears.

Thanks.

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I was thinking about changing to a widescreen TV, but after thinking it over I have decided to stick with the projector.

I just found it was clear picture vs big picture

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have just finished watching Pirates of the Caribbean in 6.1 on my brand new Panasonic AE-500 projector.

It was fantasic! I haven't even got it running on component cables yet, nor a screen. Just directly onto my wall. The colours are excellent, black levels are great.

Got alittle work to do before I take some more pictures, Im picking up my new HK DVD30 player tomorrow and ordering my new A/V Rack with some speaker stands..

Well more news soon:)

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
Its finished, will take pictures tomorrow hopefully... and Post soon... It looks fantastic!

Nick.H

Stunt Coordinator
I personally think there is still something missing, the room just doesn't seem right. I cannot pick out what it is either... Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks