Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
From top to bottom:
Denon DCD 1290 CD Player
Pioneer Elite SC-05 7.1 Receiver that replaced my Yamaha RX-V995 5.1 Receiver
Sony BDP-S300 Bluray Player (This player will be removed once I upgrade my Sony BDP-S300 to a Denon DBP-1611UD Bluray Player)
Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player
Denon DVD-2200 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD Player (This player will be removed once I upgrade my Sony BDP-S300 to a Denon DBP-1611UD Bluray Player)
Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/CD/SACD Player
Fios Cable Box
Denon DTR-2000 DAT Recorder
The Denon CD Player may end up being removed and placed in my bedroom with the old Yamaha RX-V995 receiver. And I might also take the DAT deck out and put it in the bedroom system as well. I also might be running an ethernet cable from the router to the Pioneer Elite Sc-05 to stream music????

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Denon Bluray DBP-1611UD Player is now ordered from a specialty A/V shop here in Northridge, CA called Sound Factor. Will be going to pick it up on Friday and can not wait to get it hooked up and put a movie through it!
Sound Factor used to have a couple of locations and had to consolidate to one, I hate seeing good stores not getting business while POS places like Best Buy who have crappy selection survive. If you live in the So Cal area and are looking for a place to buy your gear give Sound Factor a chance to earn your business and pass them along to a friend.
Sound Factor
19145 Parthenia St Unit D, Northridge, CA 91324 626) 577-4945
Brands
B&W
Classe
Denon
Dynaudio
Rotel
NAD
Audio Quest
LG
Music Fdelity
Pioneer Elite
Samsung
McIntosh
Niles Audio
Sonos
Sunfire
Velodyne

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
635af724_IMG_1958.jpeg

Both Sony Bluray player and dvd/sacd/cd player where removed from a/v rack today. Sony DVP-S9000 ES was pulled and will not go back into A/V rack till I can afford to fix it, player reads error no matter what format disc I place in it!!!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
b4b43a24_IMG_1964.jpeg

New Denon DBP-1611UD player just added to my A/V system :D
Am very happy with how fast the player boots up and how quickly the menu loads up! Picture is way better than the 1st gen Sony bluray and the lossless audio tracks sound great!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
d5346fb3_IMG_1969.jpeg

I still need to do some wire management and organize all the wires I need to have so it looks clean, think I will do that tomorrow.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just ordered a Polk Audio Subwoofer
Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12" Powered Subwoofer
Driver Units: 1 - 12" Diameter, High excursion polymer composite cone with hi roll surround, shielded
Power Rating: Power Output: 300 watts Continuous Average Output Dynamic Power Output: 460 watts
Frequency Response: 23Hz - 160Hz
Manufacturer Warranty: 5 years limited
http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/psw505/
I might just upgrade the old 12+ year old Polk CS100 center channel to this a Polk Audio CS2 Series II Center Channel Speaker
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290212
And then I am thinking of two pair of these for rear speakers, Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II Two-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker (Black) Pair to replace some Advent Marble two way speakers.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290200
Hopefully I can upgrade the center, rear and subwoofer to something better when finances get better. But sadly this is the first sub I have had in my HT and have never used a sub in any of my home theater configurations in the past.
a0df602a_x107PSW505-f.jpeg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
36185d3d_IMG_2169.jpeg

c248c762_IMG_2171.jpeg

Not the greatest and not the one I really wanted but money is tight and for $249 on sale which was $399 regular I couldn't pass it up. I will upgrade it later!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Finally have the .1 in the home theater set up for the first time and all I need to do is to wire the rear speakers separately then the system will be wired 7.1

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
6218b08f_IMG_1874.jpeg

Currently rear speakers are still wired as pairs from when I had my Yamaha RX-V995 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver. Hope to get a 100' spool of speaker wire with two Audio Quest Forest HDMI cables in the near future!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Next major purchase for the home theater is a new 1080p flat panel HDTV!
60" Samsung LED HDTV
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60ES6150FXZA
65" Samsung LED HDTV
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65ES6500FXZA
65" Panasonic Plasma HDTV
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65GT50
Feel free to suggest a new HDTV

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
1ac9e4e6_IMG_2231.jpeg

Finally got Lord Of The Rings EE on Bluray disc, now the question is what to do with the TE and EE on DVD. I might keep them just in case the bluray player goes in the shop?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Can not wait to upgrade to a native 1080p 60" display or maybe even a 4K projector if I can not upgrade for a few more years. The only question remains is how much longer my original bulb in my Sony 3 chip LCD rear projection HDTV will continue to work? I purchased my Sony KDF-E50A10 back in 2005 and it still has the original factory bulb installed and still working great!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Not pictured is my old Kenwood Intergrated Stereo Amplifier and I do not remember the model number of my old Denon Intergrated Surround Processor.
d30ca744_HTProgression1.jpeg

I do really miss my McIntosh MX-130!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My HD-XA2 Toshiba HD-DVD player arrived from San Diego, CA today via the USPS. The player looks and works great and all I need to do is to wait for the new Audio Quest Cinnamon HDMI cable to arrive so I can swap out the cable from the Denon bluray and put it on the Toshiba HD-DVD. And test out to see if the HD-XA2 bitstreams Dolby True HD and Dolby DIgital Plus from the HD-DVD player. This was my first purchase from Ebay!
e338ea0e_IMG_2385.jpeg

45778b9a_IMG_2393.jpeg

73d90b77_IMG_2391.jpeg

My next upgrade for the home theater has to be:
Upgrade Center Channel Speaker
Upgrade current Sony LCD 50" HDTV to a 60" 1080p HDTV

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
a98fff61_cornerview.jpeg

Would love to add this turntable to my system to replace a old jvc ql-50 with speed issues. If it happens this year no problem if it doesn't then it will happen when it happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks