What's new

My Home Theater Page (2 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Tomorrow starts my viewing of Star Wars 1-6 leading up to the release of the new Star Wars movie in theaters Dec 18th!

Original-Star-Wars-poster.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
For the new year I really hope to dump this part time job for a better paying full time job that doesn't have me killing myself all day for close to nothing!

I want to have money for my hobby and to be able to purchase a firearm for protection!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

1000 Watt power supply in pc died on my so not sure when my pc will be back up and running, am using a old back up computer for now.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
My defective power supply arrived at the warehouse and I have received an email saying my replacement will be mailed soon!

Thanks Cooler Master

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Shipping my bad video card back to EVGA tomorrow and hope to have the replacement sometime soon. I should be getting my power supply from Cooler Master by Saturday if everything goes well.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I've noticed regular Amazon orders are flying out the door now (not a reference to their drone program :lol: ). The Christmas rush is over, no excuse for hold ups!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Cooler Master received my power supply on 1/6 and am still waiting for them to ship my replacement. Hopefully I will have it by Thursday so I can have it installed by 4pm that day, I have Thursday and Friday off. I shipped my video card to EVGA 1/8 and they finally got it today just before 9:30am and am waiting for a email that they received the card. All I need is the power supply to actually get my pc up and running and then I can copy some videos, pictures and music to my new Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB. The power supply went out the day after I purchased and downloaded 54GB GTA V so I will be playing that new game.

Also had a ear infection and am almost over it so I will be getting back to watching movies here in a few days. But I agree Dr Griffin that it is past Christmas and RMA's should not be stacked up and replacements should be flying out of the warehouse.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will ether email Cooler Master tomorrow if I do not get an email that the product has shipped or I will call them on Thursday to find out what is going on and why my power supply has not yet shipped. I am also waiting for EVGA to email me to confirm that they did in fact receive my video card as I have confirmed it via my USPS tracking number. Just want my computer back up and running and see no reason why this needs to take longer than it should. Am itching to play my new game GTA V which I only played for about 40 minutes the day it was downloaded all 54GB worth.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Well it is two days later and no email from Cooler Master or EVGA!

Cooler Master's last email just acknowledged that they received my power supply and that they received on 1/6/16. Since then no email saying they where experiencing shipping delays or shortage of product. I had to find this out myself by logging in and live chatting with customer service. The rep said they would be sending me an upgraded power supply but the question is when will I get it because they do not have it in stock! I was told 7-14 to receive it and if in 14 days I have not even received an email from them I will be going out and buying a Corsair power supply and may not buy anything else from Cooler Master!

7193POrRYlL._SL1500_.jpg

So according to the post office and the tracking number they provided they say my EVGA video card was delivered 1/11/16! But I have yet to receive an email from EVGA stating that they received my defective video card!!! So I am hoping that they email me confirming that they have the video card and to get my new card shipped out ASAP!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I finally got my replacement video card from my GTX 460 1GB DDR5 Memory video card that was defective. Since they are no longer producing that card EVGA sent me a GTX 950 2GB DDR5 Memory Video Card. This card should out perform my old card and I am just waiting for my power supply to arrive from Cooler Master!

Going to go install my new card and I hope if has some really good performance and I will look up the specs later on tonight!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Dam should have checked the specs before I even opened the box and installed the card!

Defective card:

EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 $212.59

What they sent me:

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked 2GB 128-bit GDDR5 $159.99

They should have sent me:

EVGA GeForce GTX 960 Superclocked 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 $209.99

Going to email EVGA and ask them why they sent me what can be considered a lower end card and sending me a single fan card to replace a dual fan card. Sending me a 128 bit card to replace a 256 bit card. Sending me a $160 card to replace a $213 card. At first I was happy that the card arrived but after digging in they sent me a cheaper card to replace the card I had that cost more money! I am going to give them a piece of my mind!

So pissed off about this!

Mmm lets see I sent a message to EVGA and most likely no one will be there during the weekend so I will not get a reply till sometime on Monday. I am still waiting on my power supply and EVGA just screwed me! If they do not fix this and I have to go through hell I will never buy another EVGA product! In that case my next video card may be a ASUS or Gigabyte!

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I emailed them back and I am getting the we sent you an upgrade attitude and they are acting like the card is not worth as much now so you get a cheaper card because of it bs!

Hi Dave,

As shown in the GPUBoss comparison, the 950 is an upgrade from the 460. Nvidia has dropped the 460 from their own performance comparison chart since it's so low. I myself have a machine that I upgraded from the same 460 that you had to the 950 model, and the performance upgrade is noticeable.

The price of the card at the time of purchase is irrelevant, since due to the rapid depreciation of PC hardware, the value of the card is currently around USD$40-60.

Please contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
EVGA Support

Then this!

Hi Dave,

If you'd like, we can make a request to management to see if we can find another GTX 460 to replace your GTX 950. Nonetheless, the performance of a GTX 950 is definitely a lot better than GTX 460 please read this review as it takes everything in account.http://www.hwcompare.com/20636/geforce-gtx-460-vs-geforce-gtx-950/.

Furthermore, if you purchase a new car in 2010 and take it in for a trade in 2016, you can't expect to get your original price for it. Nvidia has developed newer chipsets since the the GTX 400 series and the GTX 950 is over 4 generations newer than your GTX 460.

Nevertheless, let us know if you want us to make a request for another GTX 460 to be sent to you.

Regards,
EVGA

"Hi Dave,

If you'd like, we can make a request to management to see if we can find another GTX 460 to replace your GTX 950. Nonetheless, the performance of a GTX 950 is definitely a lot better than GTX 460 please read this review as it takes everything in account.http://www.hwcompare.com/20636/geforce-gtx- 460-vs-geforce-gtx-950/.

Furthermore, if you purchase a new car in 2010 and take it in for a trade in 2016, you can't expect to get your original price for it. Nvidia has developed newer chipsets since the the GTX 400 series and the GTX 950 is over 4 generations newer than your GTX 460.

Nevertheless, let us know if you want us to make a request for another GTX 460 to be sent to you.

Regards,
EVGA"

So even after they said they would upgrade me instead of sending me a 960 that would be a 256bit card in the same price range there answer was to send me a cheaper card and it was a 128bit card.

I am done with EVGA products and will be purchasing an ASUS replacement to the joke EVGA sent me to replace my GTX 460.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks