What's new

My Friends on the HTF (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Over the next few Months I will be getting together many Items both Hardware and Software to sell here, first, on the HTF. Over the last few weeks I have found out that my Wife, Beth , is pretty seriously ill. I anticipate as we go forward, battling her illness, that money will be tight. So I'll be looking to sell some items to help with the cost. I know with the economy and all this will be tough, but I'd rather offer them to the friends I've made here over the years, rather than on Ebay or other listings. I plan on starting to get together the items this weekend. My Involvement here will also be lessened but I'm Sure I will check in from time to time.

Take Care.

Dave

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave:

It is with great sadness that I read your post.

It is that kind of news which grounds us and helps us set straight our priorities.

I wish you and your wife the absolute best and will, going forward, place you both in prayers.

Mike
P.S. Good luck with your sale and while your absence on the board will be felt, it is completely understandable that you'd be devoting your time to other issues.

RedIsNotBlue

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Hey Dave, don't know ya at all but that is terrible to hear. Hope you are able to get the money you need and your wife is doing better. Good luck.

Phil Thron

Second Unit
Nor do I know you, Dave, but I wish you and your wife all the best. May she find the health and may you find the strength that you both never thought were available to you.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Thanks for All the Kind Words Guys I appreciate it all. I have a Few question.. are most of you guys using Paypal? I have an account have'nt used it a whole lot. How do you Handle people wanting Disks? What if two people want the same disk or send you money how do you negotiate thru it all?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Re: PayPal. If people pay into your account you can transfer the money from your PayPal account into your bank account, if you have it set up correctly.

Re: potential buyers for the same disc...first come, first served. If you hae a thread with the titles listed...just be fairly diligent about keeping the list updated and you'll have few problems.

You CAN require money orders instead of the PayPal if you prefer...but some people might be put off by the ease of paying on-line. I think for a lot of people if they can't just push buttons on their keyboard to make the purchase they decide not-to-bother.

Don't know what other questions you might have, Dave...but bring 'em on. There's a lot of people here with buying/selling experience. One thing for sure, I have found buying/selling on this forum on the HTF to be a heckuva lot better than eBay or Craig's List transactions. A lot less of a PITA...in most cases! :D

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've used Google Checkout for online transactions.

One other place that I've found for hardware sales is Amazon Marketplace. If Amazon sells it, you can sell it "used" and it will show up alongside the new product. There is no listing fee, you set the price, and Amazon even pitches in on shipping charges. I've found Fed Ex Ground to have the better shipping rates, compared to UPS and the postal service.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Mike thanks for the advice, I'm hesitant to give Paypal my Checking Acct info I had a bad experience with them once where money was taken from my account and I had to close it and reopen a new account, I opened the Paypal with a credit card figuring if something goes Hinky there I can dispute it, plus with everything going on I can go to pay a payment and find no funds in my account.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Thanks Todd, my biggest challange is going to be finding the time to manage it all, you can see by the time I'm posting this I'll be doing alot, late well after my Wife has gone to sleep.

shawnMbrown

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
Dave... You can also request Paypal send you a debit card and then you have instant access to the cash in the account. At one time, they were giving a bonus (percentage back) based on how much you used.. I think it was something like 1% or so... every little bit helps...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I Was going to open up a new checking/debit account to cover this, I'll have to lookinto their debit option

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks