What's new

My First New Season Casualty..What's yours? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I dropped Jerico after only one episode, I just don't give a rats ass about what happened with the nuclear explosion, the same with Smith, far too freakin' twisted and intense for me, but that's neither here nor there now. Vanished is another one that went out the window early, I just didn't care whether or not they found that woman.

I just recently dropped Help Me Help You as well, it's fun but I don't see it lasting so it's sort of a first strike move on my part...dump it before it dumps me. ;)

The one that i'm really enjoying but also one that I am keeping at arms length is Studio 60 On the Sunset Strip, if the ratings continue to drop I won't need to drop it, it'll go away all by itself. I like it but am preparing myself for the worst.

Keepers for me are Justice and Heroes, especially Heroes, that show gets more intriguing with each passing episode. :emoji_thumbsup: And of course there are my old favorites Smallville, Supernatural, My Name is Earl, How I Met Your Mother, New Adventures of Old Christine, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars and Ghost Whisperer.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I dumped Vanished pretty early. And now I'm glad I didn't even give Smith or Runaway a chance since they are both been officially canceled now. I tried about 20 minutes of The Nine and couldn't get into it and I'll be surprised if it lasts.

The new shows I have enjoyed the most so far are: Jericho, Standoff and Men in Trees. As long as those stick around I'm happy. Anything else, if it turns out to be a big hit then I'll catch in on DVD later. With working two jobs I'm just too busy to worry about all these new shows.

Edward Mann

Agent
Dumped after several dates:

1. Studio 60 - Preaching/Comedy mix not balanced.

Courting, but considering dumping:

1. Ugly Betty - the third date has to be good or she's gone.

2. 30 Rock - I promised I'd give it the same chance as Studio 60, so I have to go out at least 4 more times.

Previously dated, but gave the kiss off this season:

1. My Name is Earl - I was getting tired of it last season, so just decided to not renew.

2. The Old Adventures of New Christine - I just don't find it funny.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Desperate Housewives is on the scope. I'm finding I just don't care anymore. Studio 60 is also languishing on the DVR, unwatched. It's ironic really. At the start of the season there were so many shows that interested in me but very few have actually stuck. I think I'm actually watching fewer shows than last season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I finally pulled the trigger on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, I like it but every fiber of my being says that it won't be around that long and so i'm through wasting my time with it.

That plus the Sorkin self-indulgence is starting to irk me.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I'm sorry to say I have to agree with Cameron on The Desperate Housewives. I remember when I used to really enjoy the show,it was funny,exciting,interesting. Now there's not a single storyline I find entertaining,is it just me?? I might as well add this season's Survivor to the list. Except for one or two seaons, I usually have enjoyed Survivor,but this time around I just haven't gotten into it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Updating from my previous list...

Definite keepers
Heroes
Ugly Betty
Brothers & Sisters

Enjoyable, but wouldn't be upset if cancelled
Men In Trees
Justice
Shark
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
30 Rock
Jericho

On the fence
The Class
Happy Hour

Already dumped (either by me or the network)
'Til Death
Standoff
Runaway
Smith
Kidnapped
Help Me Help You
Twenty Good Years
The Nine
Six Degrees
Vanished

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co

Well, as reported elsewhere, looks like the scum at NBC are NOT sticking to their word, as far as airing ll of Kidnapped.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
The nine bit the dust for me...I like Jericho and Heroes...of course lost is in there also and 24 when they return

Mary_P

Second Unit
Bummer. I enjoyed having something new to watch on Saturday nights, not more "bonus episodes" of something that seems to be on 15 times a week as it is. (More if you count cable.)

Oh well. Back to premium cable and DVDs.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
More shows to dump from my list...

Heroes - I enjoyed it at first, but lost interest as the season went on. Not nearly as good as Justice League, X-Men, or Batman.

CSI: Miami - beyond ridiculous. The split screens, Caruso's character just standing around, the other characters not given much to work with. I guess it is still getting high ratings, because it must be more fun to count the number of times Horatio puts his hands on hips or takes off or puts on his sunglasses, or pointing his gun at people. Also, the Horatio moments with kids is just creepy.

Grey's Anatomy - I just don't care anymore. I may just watch it on DVD. In the spirit of the naming Mc(whatevers), let's just take a bite out of crime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks