What's new

My First New Season Casualty..What's yours? (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Yayyy!! More smug and sarcastic retorts from Joseph DeMartino! The fall season is underway, baby!!!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I just got rid of My HBO. The only thing I was watching on it was Bill Maher, and he only goes about 10 shows. There just som much lay off time between Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood and Big Love, that if I'm going to wait 2 years for a show to return then what's another 6 months or so for the DVD's.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Desperate Housewives is completely gone. I had tried; I thought last year was hard to stomach, but this year is terrible. I watched last nights ep in 22 minutes, zipping through commercial and dialog that made me squirm. ABC needs to pull the plug before the actresses get truly emberrassed. It's like a Telemundo soap.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
@least w/telemundo, they retain a concerted effort to show T&A. with DH... it's all about the soap. nuthin but th soap.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I've only tried a few shows this year...

'Til Death is gone. I was strong...I managed to stomach 2 episodes.

Interestingly, I think all my other new shows I've checked out are on Mondays...

The Class is one I like and I'll keep watching as long as it keeps airing. I hope it's flip-flopping timeslots with the more popular How I Met Your Mother helps its ratings. I watch both so the change doesn't bug me.

Heroes is another I like...though the last episode did get a bit gory. I wouldn't mind if they dialed the blood factor down a notch.

Studio 60--I know a lot of people like this but I just haven't been able to get into it. So I've stopped watching it.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

Totally agree Dave. Some good shows there, but not enough else on HBO for me to justify keeping it in between lay offs. We usually pick HBO back up when the Sopranos comes back, and then cancel it when it ends.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've been thinking about losing HBO too - The only show I really watch is Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I always end up buying the DVD's....

The only thing that I guess I'd miss out on is the On Demand HBO stuff.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I'll miss Late Night with Bill Maher, but I guess I can download the Podcasts and listen to it. It's too bad HBO Stuff isn't on Itunes even if they delayed it a bit I'd pay $2.00 to watch Big Love or Rome.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
For some reason in the past week I've gotten really fed up with network TV.

The only brand new show I'm still watcing is Studio 60, which was a pretty sure bet seeing as I love West Wing and Sports Night.

I gave Jericho, Six Degrees and Heroes a shot, but none of them were even mildy interesting to me.

I've also stopped watching Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and Prison Break, even though I enjoyed their past seasons. The past few episodes of each series just seemed so contrived and cliche. Maybe it's just me. :)

I'm pretty much down to one show a night, which still seems like too many shows to follow.

I have:

Sunday: The Wire (HBO)
Monday: Studio 60 (NBC)
Tuesday: Nip/Tuck (FX), House (FOX)
Wednesday: Lost (ABC)
Thursday: The Office (NBC)
Friday: Battlestar Galactica (SCIFI)

I'm planning on catching up with The Unit and My Name Is Earl on DVD, so they may get added.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The way shows get axed it might not be a bad Idea just wait for it on DVD to watch, since if it makes it to DVD then it'll have enough shows to justify that, it'll weed out the shows that last less than 4 weeks

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've officially disengaged from Heroes. I couldn't be bothered to watch the show last night. I didn't care about any of the characters or their situations.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I'm close to that on both Heroes and Jericho, I'll be watching both Tommorrow night and I'll be making my decision.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've added Studio 60 to my list of dropped shows (joining the already canceled Smith). Everything else I've sampled this season is on my keepers list (Heroes, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters, Men in Trees & Justice). Still to premiere: 30 Rock.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
For me:
Jericho, just couldn't follow it, I would have preferred some cross references towards the life after a nuke blast in the areas devastated

Six Degrees, I tried but in a large city like New York do you really think these people will be so closely connected, come on from last weeks showThe exec's fiance hitting on the women that just became friends with the exec.

Brother and Sisters, on the fence with this one, it's on Sunday 10:00pm and usually I can find myself out like a light at around 10:30 therefore not enough in the show to force me to stay awake.

Dancing With the Stars, Jerry and Emitt are driving me crazy, but how much dancing can one person watch anyway.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Last night I removed Brothers and Sisters, Jericho and Six Degrees from my DVR schedule. I figure I'll catch them if they get to DVD. As things are, I'm having trouble keeping apace with the shows I do actually look forward to. The ones I removed were definitely back burner and I figured why take up the drive space?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I can tell Runaway was going to be hitting the fan early I gave it two weeks but could not stand the mix of 24 with the hijinks of Dawson's Creek.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've not really dropped anything. My wife wanted to try Jericho -- I wasn't interested to start. I watched the first episode to start, and haven't watched any more.

I'd planned not to pick up new shows this year, but I've
got been sucked into Heroes and The Nine.

I may drop Desparate Housewives. It's on the edge for me. It's started well -- more drama and less silly Susan -- but I need to cut back on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks