What's new

My first HT (1 Viewer)

ictjusting

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
My first post.
I have been shopping around for a system for a month or so. Had to compromise and go with in wall and ceiling speakers to make my wife happy. Im about to pull the trigger on a few items and want to make sure Im not wasting money. This is what I have on the list right now.
2 - Kef CI160CR
1 - Kef CI160Q
2 - Kef CI200QL
Yamaha RX-V673 1
velodyne impact 10
panasonic st50
Any advice or recommendations would be great.
Thanks
Fixed model numbers...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You aren't putting the front three in the ceiling are you?
Unless you plan on laying 2 feet in front of the TV to hear the front channel coming down...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Don't see anything wrong with the set-up...as long as you can correctly place the speakers. Assuming here the plasma will be wall mounted with the speaker directly underneath...
The only change I'd make...the 200QL all around...why not match(yeah, I know it is another $300-ish)?

ictjusting

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
I had wondered about going for the Klipsch R5 In Wall System instead of the Kef to save some money. I would like to listen to music too now and then thats what the Kef was recommended to me for. This stuff is adding up fast.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Spend the bulk of your money on the speakers. Next go-round of "upgrades"...you won't be spending on speakers anyway. Buy 'em right the first time.
Klipsch vs KEF is a personal choice. If you need help, buy a pair of bookshelves from both(open box deals of KEF and Klipsch can be found on Amazon) and return them...
You won't feel so bad buying open-box to return them...and you'll have a better idea of how you like either one...without having to guess.
It is one thing to buy "normal" speakers and decide you want to change them up in a year or two. Quite another when they are stuck in your wall...

ictjusting

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
Well today started to wire network and speakers. I decided to go with the Kef in wall and ceiling speakers. the install looks like its going to be a snap. The wire part sucks. I could use some advice for a power conditioner. Id like to keep it under 200 bucks if that is possible.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-1500VA-Tower/dp/B000FBK3QK/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1359686279&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=theaterups

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks