What's new

**My final review, head to head SVS vs SuperCube I** (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Unfortunatly no one at work told me the sub was blown. It didnt sound blown... it just sounded like a bad sub. So I am going to have to redo the review. Sorry for wasting everyones time... especially mine! I love how they kept it out on the floor even though they knew it was blown for at least a day!

Sebastian

Second Unit
Jesse,
Do you still have the two subs? It would be nice to see some actual in room frequency response of the two subs.
Can you do a frequency sweep with test tones?
Thanks for your time on the review but as is, the review is too opininated.:D

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
LOL. It kinda sounds that way huh? But I just basically played with the two and said which one I liked better.

BTW I cant do a frequency sweep. Well at least I dont know how to.

If someone has a track I can burn to cd go ahead and send it my way.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I have had numerous subs in my room over the last 7-8 years from Atlantic Tech to NHT and I am not talking the smallest ones either. Most have been the biggest I could get at the time or the biggest the company made. My latest set up was dual 10" NHT's stacked in the corner with seperate amps for each. I could not stand all the hype about SVS all over the place. I called Ron up and talked to him. He helped me try some things to get more out of my NHT's... Can you imagine a guy that would spend 1/2 and hour helping you with a competitors product. His comment was maybe you don't need a new sub. Anyway I played with his suggestions and still was thinking I was lacking. I called him back and ordered a PB2+. This thing kicked the pants off the NHT's and every other thing I have heard lately down at the HT shop. I am definantly sold on SVS. Great product, great price and great service.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jesse,

If there is a separate LFE input then more than likely that does bypass the crossover on the sub.

Joey_V

Second Unit
cool review thanks! i am looking to do a review between the pci and the pc+... look for mine soon!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well guys I feel stupid. Aparently... well not too aparently that sub was blown. I know what a blown sub sounds like and it didnt sound too blown. It just sounded like it wasnt a very good sub. Oh well. I am going to have to redo the review obviously.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse,

I read your review earlier doing the day. My workplace server is down, didn't have a chance to post a reply... If you would mention the Supercube I bottomed out doing those tests, I would have think that you are comparing between the SVS vs. Sony 8" sub :D

Agree

Regards,
Alex

BrianAe

Second Unit

If your going to bother bringing the supercube into your home and doing a review, you might as well calibrate it. I don't think your review is worth much unless you do.

To put it in perspective, I would guess that if you reviewed an SVS pci against the SVS pc-ultra without calibrating them that there would be a 50% chance that you would say the pci was better.

The one thing that almost everbody on this forum (including the SVS folks) agree on is that you need to calibrate your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks