What's new

My Favorite Martian - season 3 has a Bonus Disc (1 Viewer)

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Hello,

Thank you so much for those kind words..

The cover is a linticular, a system developed in Japan in the sixties...I thought that would add to the unique value of that first edition set.

The prints we used are master fine grains, I will look into that disk..it could be they had to push to film up one stop durring production..but again I will check.

Did you enjoy all the new crew interviews?

After viewing this set you should feel like you were there..on set.

On the first season boxed set we are remastering both pilots to make a special extended edition.

That's just the tip of the iceberg on Chertok shows..

And "My Living Doll" is coming..ASAP.

Best

Chertok TV.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Firebee said:
Cool. I received a shipping notification on Nov. 21, so hopefully I'll see the package sometime late next week or early the following week.
Just got my set today! I'll have to check it out this weekend.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

dirtydenim

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg V
The cast and crew stuff was great. I noticed that there is a slight shke or jitter to the unaired pilot. Im guessing this is what happens in the transfer.

Answer me this though.....will the 3 or 4 episodes that were the "sindicated" versions in season 2 on the Rhino set be corrected to the full versions on the Umbrella season 2 or are they really lost?

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Hello,

Let me be the first to tell you "Nothing" is lost from the show..if you know where to look.

The unaired pilot was thought to have been "Lost" but after two days of pulling every related element..there it was..

It was transfered from the network approval 16mm master negative, and boy was it a basket case..it had not been opened since 1963!

Due to time constraints rather than withhold the unaired pilot I let it go through with those slight gate movements at the begining. (a Problem on all 16mm prints of that age)

By that time I had already blown my budget twice on this transfer, the sound is now perfect but in the begining it was a major mess.

For the season one set I have further restored both pilots and have cut them together to form an new/old extended version of the first show.

As I will say to all fans when we have it..no holding back on any form of extra.

Look forward to material that will be far and above the normal run of the mill.

Best

Chertok TV.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Chertok Television. said:
Hello,
Let me be the first to tell you "Nothing" is lost from the show..if you know where to look.
The unaired pilot was thought to have been "Lost" but after two days of pulling every related element..there it was..
It was transfered from the network approval 16mm master negative, and boy was it a basket case..it had not been opened since 1963!
Due to time constraints rather than withhold the unaired pilot I let it go through with those slight gate movements at the begining. (a Problem on all 16mm prints of that age)
By that time I had already blown my budget twice on this transfer, the sound is now perfect but in the begining it was a major mess.
For the season one set I have further restored both pilots and have cut them together to form an new/old extended version of the first show.
As I will say to all fans when we have it..no holding back on any form of extra.
Look forward to material that will be far and above the normal run of the mill.
Best
Chertok TV.
I'll have to consider getting the Season 1 and Season 2 sets when they're available, but it has been so long since I've seen the Rhino sets (played them, I mean) so I'll have to watch them again and then compare the quality with the new Umbrella Entertainment set to make up my mind one way or the other. Thanks for at least getting Season 3 out, tho!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Your Welcome..
I think when you see the bounty of extras on the new Umbrella sets you will make the leap of faith on them.
From this point forward the "My Favorite Martian" sets and merchandise will be produced to "Fan Quality" that means more attention to detail and more unseen material.
Best
Chertok TV..
AND BIG NEWS!! For the first Time EVER our soundtrack music will be available on a CD this week, on December 5th.
Its a LIMITED Edition of just 3000 and when they are gone that's it.
They will post on that date and then it will be open season on this collectable
so move fast..
To order go to www.lalalandrecords.com
And good luck and don't wait too long..

UncleMartin

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin
dirtydenim said:
Answer me this though.....will the 3 or 4 episodes that were the "syndicated" versions in season 2 on the Rhino set be corrected to the full versions on the Umbrella season 2 or are they really lost?
Since this part of the question was not answered, I'll ask it as well. Does Umbrella's season TWO set contain the syndicated or time-compressed version of any episodes?

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Sorry about that,

Those segments will be corrected and not time compressed..

Best

Chertok TV.

Umbrella is all about the best material available...If you read my earlier post "Nothing" means all the shows are in great shape!! they will be corrected.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
A stupid question - why WASN'T Season 3 released directly in the U.S.?

JeffT.

Deceased Member
MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN placed well within the top 25 highest rated tv series in the Neilsen ratings for its first two seasons (no doubt still faring well despite stiff competition from the formidable likes of VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA during its third season) and it is somewhat of a complete lack of faith (and good judgement) that on the strength of its outstanding track record MARTIAN wasn't afforded the (deserved) opportunity for a fourth season...or beyond!
In those days nobody involved in television broadcasting (particularly the network programmers) were experts and unfortunately wrong decisions were made costing many a fine tv show.
On the topic of the (now legendary) ZIV Television Productions catalogue my number one choice for a DVD release is SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE. SF is the genre that sells the best by far...especially among the younger aged consumer demographic!
In the 21st Century (was was deemed to be the future in the 1960s) this is not the wonderous era to be (wastefully) squandered on the conventional, over familiar product particularly in stark comparison to such a distinctly unique and innovation program consistently featuring such absolutely fascinating stories that stress the science aspect over fictional content and has permanently established its vaunted place as an outstanding landmark in television history.
What a marvel it would truly be to have all 78 half hour presentations (39 produced in colour) fully restored and digitally remastered to optimum pristine condition.
I think that this is one tv property (in addition to MEN INTO SPACE) that MGM Home Entertainment should give serious consideration for an important (and prestigious) DVD release...just on the strength of how well its own SF film and tv series catalogue has sold in the past and these major DVD distribution companies continue to profitably market!
These are viable statistics not mere speculation!
To bring this (informed) thinking closer to home just which Jack Chertock tv property will sell the BEST (by far) on DVD of the entire catalogue of shows?
Answer: MY FAVOURITE MARTIAN!
And however you want to label it MARTIAN is a bona fide SF-premised sitcom which is a major contributing factor in its current success abroad that cannot be denied.
MEN INTO SPACE (Click Here).
Jeff T.

JoyceHH

Auditioning
I’ve been watching and thoroughly enjoying the behind the scenes special features on MFM season 3

Fans of My Favorite Martian are very lucky that those who were connected to the show chose to generously and kindly give their time to share their personal film footage and memories of working on the series. The color home movies portion runs about 15 minutes of footage taken backstage with the cast on the MGM lot and on the apartment set. Former child actor Wayne Stam offers a delightful account of his time working on an episode and the other interviews with staff members center around the technical aspects of putting the show together. And there is a nice running commentary with the 1st episode of that season:"Go-West.."

Also included is a wonderful copy of the unaired pilot which features extra scenes and alternate dialogue not included in the telecast pilot.

Many thanks go out to Umbrella Entertainment, Chertok Productions and Mr.Greenwood for putting together this collection of vintage material on season 3!

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.
Well, I've bitten a huge financial bullet and ponied up the scratch for My Favorite Martian: Season 3--only because I'm a completist. This collection had better knock my socks off, otherwise I'll have to engage my pricey team of high-powered attorneys.
Does Chertok Television still maintain its hold over the Ann Sothern sitcom, Private Secretary? And is there a possibility of that ever coming to DVD in the future?

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Seasons greetings to all,

All the fans I have spoken to have been thrilled and happy with the season three set.

So I say enjoy this set in it's first pressing with the linticular cover card, once these cards run out it will not be on the next pressing.(to insure the value of the first run)

Best to all of you!

Chertok TV.

Up next "My Living Doll" and the final two season of "Martian" with extras! Ann Southern will come later...

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I received my Season 3 Set in no time and although circumstances will prevent me from getting into it for a few weeks, I did peek at several discs

and am happy to have it! Thanks!

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Happy to hear it.

The Umbrella company prides itself on shipping orders fast, they value fans..their attention to detail shows on this first offering.

When you have a chance go to the extras disk and be prepared to travel back in time..after veiwing these features the shows will come alive for you.

Best again..

Chertok TV.

Ps. the soundtrack album from La La Land is selling fast..if you have not ordered one..do it soon or risk missing out on this limited edition.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I am so broke, I can't get these until sometime late next year.
Can / Will Umbrella release the animated version or is that out of their control?

RonAA

Auditioning
Real Name
Ronald
For Chertok Television

Hello. You mentioned "My Living Doll" is up next and then Steve Donovan, Western Marshall. Do you have a ball park estimate of when the Steve Donovans will be released? Thanks much.

Chertok Television.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Licencing Department
Hello,

Steve Donovan Western Marshall is another somewhat lost show at this time, We are recovering some episodes...but many are still left to find.(39 filmed)

The "My Living Doll" recovery effort has been underway for three years now with mixed results.

These two projects are being put together for all of you TV/pop culture fans.

After all the costs in both purchasing existing prints and tranfers these projects, the profit in this case will be preservation.

The whole thing is... if we don't get this together at this point, both these show are in risk of going away forever.

Best

CTv.

Ivan G

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ivan G. Shreve, Jr.
William Miller said:
If my calculations are correct, then that means I shelled out close to sixty-eight bucks for a set that I could have conceivably waited and paid thirty-four simolians for.
Well, fool me once, etc., etc., etc. My own fault, really--I should have known better than to take the word of a TV exec.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks