1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Documents - previewing photos

Discussion in 'Computers' started by WayneG, Mar 31, 2003.

1. WayneG

WayneG Well-Known Member

Yesterday my My Documents folder went all wacky. I have the computer set to web style but I can't get a photo preview while in the My Documents folder. It's always worked, but it just stopped. For awhile I couldn't even open a photo in my program I use for my digital camera. So I deleted JPEGs from File Types under Folder Options (Windows 98) and at least I can view the photos now.

Does anyone know how I can get the preview in My Documents back? I used to just highlight the icon and the preview would show up under the description. Thanks.

2. Kevin P

Kevin P Well-Known Member

Here's how you do it in Win2k, I think it's the same in 98/ME but it may be different in XP:

Open My Documents, either in Explorer or from the desktop icon.

Select the View menu and choose Customize This Folder.

A wizard screen will pop up. Click Next.

Make sure "Customize" and "Choose or edit an HTML template for this folder." are selected. Click Next.

In the "Choose a template" box select Image Preview. Click Next.

Click Finish.

You should have image preview in the folder now.

KJP

3. WayneG

WayneG Well-Known Member

Thanks. 98 must be different. After "Create or edit an HTML document" I get a screen that says "You are about to use your HyperText Template editor to edit the appearance of this folder." If I click NEXT I get a lengthy HTML page in Notepad. I'm just not sure what to do with it.