What's new

My Documents - previewing photos (1 Viewer)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Yesterday my My Documents folder went all wacky. I have the computer set to web style but I can't get a photo preview while in the My Documents folder. It's always worked, but it just stopped. For awhile I couldn't even open a photo in my program I use for my digital camera. So I deleted JPEGs from File Types under Folder Options (Windows 98) and at least I can view the photos now.

Does anyone know how I can get the preview in My Documents back? I used to just highlight the icon and the preview would show up under the description. Thanks.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Here's how you do it in Win2k, I think it's the same in 98/ME but it may be different in XP:

Open My Documents, either in Explorer or from the desktop icon.

Select the View menu and choose Customize This Folder.

A wizard screen will pop up. Click Next.

Make sure "Customize" and "Choose or edit an HTML template for this folder." are selected. Click Next.

In the "Choose a template" box select Image Preview. Click Next.

Click Finish.

You should have image preview in the folder now.

KJP

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. 98 must be different. After "Create or edit an HTML document" I get a screen that says "You are about to use your HyperText Template editor to edit the appearance of this folder." If I click NEXT I get a lengthy HTML page in Notepad. I'm just not sure what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks