What's new

My current setup (1 Viewer)

Mjorgensen

Grip
Real Name
Mark Jorgensen
I have been building my system for a few years now and have recently completed my dedicated room built in the basement. The walls are all 8" with staggered studs. The 3 walls against the concrete have an air space of about 8" also. The sheetrock is double layer with 1/2" and 5/8" overlapping joints with dampening pad and glue.

Thanks for looking

mayhem13

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
anthony
Very nice. Please share with everyone your thoughts on the Gotham, which i haven't heard anything that can compare. I doubt your staggered construction can hold up to that monster!

Mjorgensen

Grip
Real Name
Mark Jorgensen
I had 3 Servo 15's in the room before the Gotham and the sound was well contained because of the seals around the room and doors. I was always very impressed with this setup.

When I bought the Gotham it was hard to believe there would be that much improvement but I was REALY wrong. The Gotham is SO MUCH more accurate and powerful. You can feel the low bass in your chest like nothing I have felt before in any demo let alone calibrated correctly. You can actually feel the air and sound pushing past the exterior door seals around the cabinet access and the door! The pressure is what is really impressive. The other thing that was amazing is this is the first and only sub I have heard that you cannot tell where it is in the room! I don't care where you set it it is so accurate it is utterly invisible.

The room is 20.5 X 16.2 with 92" ceilings. The overall length is 23.5 though with the cavity where the 65" RPTV sits. The space is also set up as a bass trap to smooth the room response.

Mjorgensen

Grip
Real Name
Mark Jorgensen
Updated recently with new speakers Usher Be-718's, Cinenova Grand amp, and Nu Force AVP 17 pre amp.

Old Sunfire amp still in this pic though.

I love the sound of the Ushers and after a short break in time they were even better. They have some of the best leading edge bass I have ever heard and even without my Gotham they sound very robust when ran full range. This was much more noticeable when I switch to the Cinenova.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
breathtaking - I love the clean, simple, understated feel to the whole thing. Impressive job! I really like the way you've done the shelving for your components.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks