What's new

My Crestron died (1 Viewer)

ChuckRG

Agent
I could not find the correct area for posting this so I will try here>

Since my Crestron diesd and before I spend the money to repair it, I thought I would investigate other options. The solution needs to generate both IR and RS232 outputs, have the ability to learn new remotes, have a screen large enough a real adult can actually use it and not hit the next key, and control CD Player, DVD Player, SACD player, projector, video processor, surround processor, Satellite receiver, x-10 lighting functions and a few I can't think of. I would prefer it to cost less than $1000.

And the contender are .........? :confused:

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Sorry Chuck nothing does what Crestron does at that price point. AMX will do it but it's another significant investment. What models of Crestron equipment do you have, when did you get it and what's wrong with it?

ChuckRG

Agent
It is an ST-1500 and I have had it about 5+ years. The backlight went out and am assuming it will be expensive to repair so thought I would check out what else is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks