What's new

my co-worker at best buy thinks bose is "awesome!" (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I have just started at Best Buy. We are in the process of setting up the store, and a collegue and I were touring what will soon be out home thatre department. He was poiting at various products and making totally ignorant assertions of their value. Pointed at a few Samsung LCD's sand said "sucks", pointed at an APEX DVD player and mentioned how awesome it was and that it "will play anything". The he pointed at the bose and said "BOSE, BOSE IS AWESOME!".

I just about choked. I don't plan to dis bose while I am wokring, but I do intend to be honest with people about how the only good reason to buy bose is if you want form over function.

How can I educate my collegue? It will drive me crazy if I don't at least try...

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I have just started at Best Buy. We are in the process of setting up the store, and a collegue and I were touring what will soon be out home thatre department. He was poiting at various products and making totally ignorant assertions of their value. Pointed at a few Samsung LCD's sand said "sucks", pointed at an APEX DVD player and mentioned how awesome it was and that it "will play anything". The he pointed at the bose and said "BOSE, BOSE IS AWESOME!".

I just about choked. I don't plan to dis bose while I am wokring, but I do intend to be honest with people about how the only good reason to buy bose is if you want form over function.

How can I educate my collegue? It will drive me crazy if I don't at least try...

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Take him over to the in-wall display area and have him stand with his back to the display. Then randomly switch between Bose, JBL and even HomeTech. If he still prefers the Bose, tell him he should think about switching jobs and maybe start selling cars or flowers or something. I'm not much of a Bose basher, some of their stuff is actually pretty good, but the Bose in-walls at BB are pretty bad compared to the JBL's.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Take him over to the in-wall display area and have him stand with his back to the display. Then randomly switch between Bose, JBL and even HomeTech. If he still prefers the Bose, tell him he should think about switching jobs and maybe start selling cars or flowers or something. I'm not much of a Bose basher, some of their stuff is actually pretty good, but the Bose in-walls at BB are pretty bad compared to the JBL's.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
well i dont intend to basg bose either, i mean, if you dont mind paying a premium price for medocre speakers, then fine. I would honeslty tell any customer that was really interested in bose that they are fine speakers, but that you will pay a premium for them and better speakers can be had for less.

But when soemone goes around saying BOSE is best, geez... drives me nuts.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
well i dont intend to basg bose either, i mean, if you dont mind paying a premium price for medocre speakers, then fine. I would honeslty tell any customer that was really interested in bose that they are fine speakers, but that you will pay a premium for them and better speakers can be had for less.

But when soemone goes around saying BOSE is best, geez... drives me nuts.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Very well put. The perfect thing to say to a customer :emoji_thumbsup:. As for what to tell your co-worker? That's a tough one. Bose marketing dept has much more experience in this area then we do. Sounds like they have him hooked. But don't give up. You may be his only hope!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Very well put. The perfect thing to say to a customer :emoji_thumbsup:. As for what to tell your co-worker? That's a tough one. Bose marketing dept has much more experience in this area then we do. Sounds like they have him hooked. But don't give up. You may be his only hope!

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I think he may like smoking the grass after it grows....bose and apex are awsome? He's brainwashed from working in one of the box shops......

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I think he may like smoking the grass after it grows....bose and apex are awsome? He's brainwashed from working in one of the box shops......

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The only things that made Apex awesome were the following:

- Hacks were made to the firmware to disable macrovision and disable limitations on regions.

- Wal-Mart started selling Apex, putting it into the hands of the masses.

Were it not for the two reasons, Apex would barely be on the map.

No comment regarding Bose. I'd only repeat what's been said before.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
The only things that made Apex awesome were the following:

- Hacks were made to the firmware to disable macrovision and disable limitations on regions.

- Wal-Mart started selling Apex, putting it into the hands of the masses.

Were it not for the two reasons, Apex would barely be on the map.

No comment regarding Bose. I'd only repeat what's been said before.

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"I think he may like smoking the grass after it grows....bose and apex are awsome? "

hey I smoke grass and i know Bose aint where its at!

so dont be making any generalizations about us grass smokers!!!

Mike SJ

Supporting Actor
"I think he may like smoking the grass after it grows....bose and apex are awsome? "

hey I smoke grass and i know Bose aint where its at!

so dont be making any generalizations about us grass smokers!!!

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Doesn't grass give you short time memory loss?

The question has been answered, but you've gone back to the beginning again! (and you're still wrong)

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
Doesn't grass give you short time memory loss?

The question has been answered, but you've gone back to the beginning again! (and you're still wrong)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks