What's new

My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance (renamed) (1 Viewer)

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
Was Bobby the little brother? It looked like he was in a perpetual state of crying.

Props to Steve for pulling this off. His speach at the end must have been really difficult.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Bobby was the little brother.

Steve had to do some serious spinning about the show being about family and not the money.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I really liked the way this s how ended. Although I'm glad I 'm not the only one who thinks the Familly is a bunch of really inconsiderate SOB's. Then again, I heard they edited alot of stuff out, so who knows how much stuff Steve did to them that we didn't see, except for the one Polo scene.

Also, is Steve the guy in the Hardy Mans Dinner commercial? The one that gets blown by a hairdryer into a set of lockers? For some reason those two actors ressembled e ach other...

It'll be interesting to see if they could do this again, like they managed to pull off with Joe Millionaire. I don't watch many reality series, this, and Amazing Race are the jinx of it, but it was a fun trip...

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good overall but I'm disappoitned with the ending. They spun the way the Coy family acted to make it sound like they were doing an 'honorable' thing. :thumbsdown:

All of the siblings acted selfish, conceted, rude, and unsupportive of their sister. Yeah, great family. Sure they all stayed for the wedding, but you would have thought that they were at a funeral...their own!

I found out that a friend of one of the women I do improv with has dated the older brother. She said he was cocky, arrogant and surprise, a big drinker. :D

Michael_Q

Stunt Coordinator
I was amazed that nobody objected.

I also thought Steve did an incredible job of turning the mood around after he dropped the news of his identity. Even after the family found out the wedding was a hoax, they weren't happy at all, but Steve put the necessary spin on it.

What really struck me was how drastically the show changed from beginning to end. It went from one of the most hilarious, rowdy, wacky shows on TV to one that was really depressing and tense.

Oh, and her brothers are a couple of a-holes.:D

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Steve did redeem himself at the end. Nice speech, even had me weepy and jealous of all those $500K checks he was handing out.

The Coys decided this wedding thing wasn't that bad an idea after all....cha-ching! :D

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Best show ever...

Every good con-game (which this was)employs the use of a "smoother" at the end... Hes the guy that makes it all "ok" and keeps you from feeling that you just got taken (and keeps you from going to the cops, in the real world).

Steve's smoothing job at the end was fantastic... Almost as good as the rest of his act. I thought for sure after Dad said "this isnt about money" that they were toast... But Steve made it all better... The million bucks in his pocket didnt hurt, but I don't think they would have taken the money (or signed off for the show) had Steve not said what he said, how he said it, and that was clearly ad-lib....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Steve's laugh at the very end of the "update" with the Coy family was a nice way to leave this show.

Would you put yourself and your family through the emotional wringer for that much money?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
It would not have been an issue for my family, they would have accepted my decision. It's family's like the Coy's where the other members feel like they have some sort of control over the situation that this could apply to.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator

Yes that is him and for those that have the Angel Season 3 box set, he also plays a retirement home attendant in the third episode (I think) of the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And I'll add once again (for Buffy fans) that Steven also played the Cave Demon in the last few episode of Buffy Season 6, who offers Spike all the challenges to get his soul back

Here's Steve's IMDB listing.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Didnt like the "spin" ending.

When I first saw the commercials for this show I thought her Dad would be the biggest problem - at least he supported his daughter(Repects to the guy,especially after his comment about not wanting to leave Randi standing there alone after the others had walked away after Steve blew it at the alter)

Hope this opens opportunities for Steve.

Brian-W

Screenwriter

And they'd have disowned Randi had their not been a substantial cash prize in the end...

The family was somewhat surprised at $250k, but obviously wasn't enough. Once Steve announced it was $500k, that seemed to smooth things over...

F'ing sell-out family.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
..forgot to mention, by far, one of the BEST trainwrecks I've enjoyed watching this year.

Even beat out Surreal Life...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I think Randi played the whole thing like crap. She should have convinced HERSELF that Steve was great, and just bveen all over him in front of the family. The day of the wedding, she should have gone to each member of the family and told them how much she loved Steve, and thanked them for being there. I couldn't believe they went and did not object, and it had NOTHING to do with Steve. She didn't sell the relationship, and they allowed her to half-ass it. I give her father props. The rest of them...they had a stick so far up, they couldn't see the forest for the trees.

And Steve could have done anything and not provoked me. Except "ditch" my sister at the altar. The brothers just stood there, in that halcyon moment in between the "I can't" and the explanation. That would have done it for me.

Funny show, even with the cheeseball spin at the end. I'd have started the montage off with the Hungry Man commercial myself :)

Take care,
Chuck

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone give a summary of what actually happened or point me to a review site? I didn't see the episode but I'm curious about the "spin" people are referring to.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I thought the ending was kind of lame. Randi and her whole "I did it for you guys" crap at the end was totally poor. You'd think she'd have come up with something more convincing to say than that. At least tell the truth and say that you wanted the freakin' money! And Steve's little "happy ending" spin where he's like, you guys are such a great family. Meh, sorry to thread fart, just didn't care for it that much. However, it was really funny when Steve told her that he was just an actor. She's just like, "huh?" Clueless...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks