What's new

my bass response curve...what to do next (1 Viewer)

oliverLim

Agent
Finally got down to doing a TrueRTA measurement of my current sub location. I will provide measurements for 3 other locations at a later date once I know if I got the measurements correct. so please tell me if I need other different measurements!

Here is the Gallery where you can see all my graphs in one page.

All graphs in 1 Page

Here are direct links to

Mains only

Sub only

Sub & Mains 10 to 10Khz

Sub & Mains 10 to 200hz

Sub & Mains 10 to 200hz BFD

My current BFD settings are as follow:-

Freq Offset BW Gain

20 0 14 +1
32 -4 8 -2
32 0 7 -6
40 -6 6 -13
40 +4 6 -8
50 0 10 -3
50 -8 3 -11
63 +7 2 -8
80 -5 10 +3
80 +3 2 -9

These settings were kindly provided by MingL when he came over to my place a couple of weeks ago to help me calibrate my sub.

I only purchased TrueRTA Level 3 so am limited to 1/6 octave measurements which I hope is enough for what I am using the program for. I will try to provide a drawing of my room later as well. But my room is basically slightly odd shape about 15' x 17' x 8' fully concrete.

Currently for music, it sounds great but it is clear that for instruments like kick drums, the initial kick is just not there. Probably due to the 63hz dip. I did not want to boost it more the 3db at the moment. Same goes for HT. The low end is great and can be heard or felt. But the initial thump like when a arrow hits a object or the start of the explosion is just missing. Again probably due to the 63hz to 80hz dip of about 10-15db.

Any initial suggestions? My main speakers and sub all exibite the same 63hz dip at my current listening position. the other 3 locations I can place my sub easily also has this dip. the other 3 locations at the back of my room does not have this 63hz dip but I will only do so as a last resort. I have not tried lifting the sub about 1-2 feet up to see if it helps or placing it lying down though. Don't think I suffer from phasing problems too.

I cross over my mains at 60hz and my sub at 80hz. If I do both sub and mains at 80hz, the 63hz dip is even greater!

Thanks in advance
Oliver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks