What's new

My annoyance with a movie viewer when watchin Cabin Fever (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I knew this would be a bad day at the movies right from the get go when this lady walked in with her friends and boyfriend.

All throughout the movie she would go "o why is he going in there" "Hmm do you think that is what the disease comes from" "HELLO! Don't go in their stupid".

I was so aggrevated and disgusted, I just wanted to leave.

ChipPa

Auditioning
She must have been related to the extremely heaver breather who sat next to me during "28 Days Later" (a movie in which I heard no less than 8 cell phone rings).

With his loud, low voice, he would ruin every scene of suspense with phrases such as "Why would he go in there?" and "Oh, he is going to die".

He made many enemies before the movies end.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why you people just don't tell these people to shut up instead of just sitting there, getting more and more irritated.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I was visiting with a great jazz guitar player after his set and commented on rude audience members. He said, "Some people want to watch the show and some people want to be the show."

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I also had a horrible experience at '28 Days Later 2 out of the 3 times I saw it. EVERYONE minus my party was talking throughout and it was a sold out theater. Some guy stood up at the end and yelled 'This movie sucks!' I went and saw it again the next day at 10:50 in the morning...not one person out of 5 talked.

'Cabin Fever' was plagued by girls in the front who would go EWWWW everytime anything blood related appeared on screen. Give me a break, I think people like that say that just to hear themselves talk. Besides, 'Cabin Fever' was not that gory.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Or you could always go out into the lobby and snag an usher to show the disruptive party out of the theater! :)

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
I went and saw Titanic on Christmas day with my wife and her parents and there was this hypocondriac(sp?) sitting be hind us whining to her parents about how terrible they were to her for not wanting to go places with her. She had this grating nasely voice and did this all through the trailers and into the first ten minutes of the movie. The worse part was that the mother consoled her while the father kept asking her to stop. The look on there face was priceless when I turned around and asked them if they planned on talikng for the whole three hours.
I really believe some people do stuff like that because they know they are being annoying. I think its the same reason people stay in prime parking spaces on their cell phone with their reverse lights on for 20 minutes.

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Although I have been spared a lot of annoyance in the theaters over here, I realized from watching a few horror movies at home with my sister or sometimes also my mother, that they start making obvious commentary like "why is he going in there" or "he is going to die" that they do this when the tension starts to build, and they want to let some of the air out. It is no excuse of course, but I think that is just how they deal with the scary bits.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have been having terrible luck with going to the movies lately. And it continued the other night when I went to see Underworld. I was with a couple of friends. And their was 20 seats empty next to me. A guy and his friend come down and sit right next to me. Like their wasn't a seat left in the place. I was like you couldn't sit one seat away?? He also reeked a bit.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, it's that whole "theater crowd" experience that lots of people seem to like. :D

Though I must admit, "Cabin Fever" was pissing me off so much that I was damn close to yelling at the screen myself. :angry: Fortunately, I kept all the screaming in my head. ;)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, one of my most annoying experiances wasn't in a movie theater. The local college was doing one of their summer outdoor theater things. We were watching Shrek, and towards the end, the couple in front of us decided to start packing up before the end of the film, blocking our view. I yelled at them to sit down, since the movie wasn't over yet. The female half gave me a dirty look and they sat down. After the film she asked, in a condensending tone, "Can I stand up now?". I tried explaining myself, but the guy stepped in and told me to "step down", like I was being physically threatening. :rolleyes:I did once I saw that there was no point arguing with these rude idiots.

Jason

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
As I watched "Underworld" this past weekend, I had a family consisting of a mom, dad, daughter and son sitting behind me. Unfortunatley the elementery school aged son kept putting his feet up on the back of my seat. I turned around and looked at him and he put them down, about 10 minutes into the movie he did it again, another look, another removal of feet. When he did it a third time, I got up and moved down about 4 seats from my original place, where upon I heard the mom say, "What's your problem buddy?" I didn't say anything and enjoyed the rest of the movie. Mercifully, they weren't the "talky" type. The kid unfortunately didn't respect anyone else's space.

Keir H

Second Unit
Lol..these are great examples, but I have to agree that going to the big show to watch a scary movie is a bit more intense than at home..mainly becasue the crowd does add to some of the tension, but only when nearly everyone is in on the act. Like when watching Final Dest. 2. Many people would gasp or laugh loudly when a death scene comes up. That I can live with butthe little kid kicking my seat, teenagers running in and out of the rear exit doors, and someone on the cell phone that freekin lights up like a Christmas tree in front of me annoys the he#$ outta me! :D :thumbsdown: I can stand for a little whispered convo.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
A guy and his friend come down and sit right next to me. Like their wasn't a seat left in the place.
That happened to me at a movie where there were like 6 people in the theater. A guy sat right behind and to the right of me, then during the movie put his feet up on the chair next to me!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
A guy sat right behind and to the right of me, then during the movie put his feet up on the chair next to me!
Maybe that's his usual spot in the theater, and I don't see anything wrong with him putting his feet up on the chair NEXT to you, not the one you were sitting in. It would be another thing if he was shaking his feet after he put them up. They have the right to sit wherever they want. If you don't like it, tough luck. It's a public theater. You should know the risks of going to one by now, thus you should know that the assholes won't stop coming. If you feel like your theatrical experience could not continue, go to the manager and ask for a ticket for another showing, or ask for a refund.

For the past few years, whenever I can, I always sit in the back row of the theater, so there's no one to kick my seat or talk behind me, and my problems have been minimal.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I have been having terrible luck with going to the movies lately. And it continued the other night when I went to see Underworld.
Well, there's your problem right there.
Is it really as bad as I'm hearing?
Although Kate Beckinsale is terribly nice to look at.

Cagri

Second Unit
For the past few years, whenever I can, I always sit in the back row of the theater, so there's no one to kick my seat or talk behind me, and my problems have been minimal.
This is what I've been doing for the past several years as well. Actually, most of the time if there isn't a seat in the back row I don't go in. I can stand for talk and laugh and even a cell phone ringing once or twice, but when the people behind me put their feet on the space between the seats right behind my arm I get mad. And I keep checking to see if they did it, which makes me lose my concentration for the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks